We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel is better?

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which hotel is better?

Hi all!

I'm looking to book my honeymoon in the next couple days and can't decide between staying at Rendezvous or Sandals Le toc.

Please can you give me some pointers in to which one is better as they both look amazing!

Thanks for any help you can give.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
77 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel is better?

We honeymooned at Rendezvous 17 years ago!!!! It was nice then. It's smaller and lower key than Sandals, but we like that. I remember thinking we should have upgraded to the rooms closer to the beach. I am not sure what renovations have happened since then. I am sure some trip advisor expert will lend more advice! Congrats!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel is better?

Tough call. Both are lovely properties. Personally, we prefer Rendezvous over any of the 3 Sandals properties. It's beautiful, on a great stretch of beach, excellent food, more intimate overall, and excellent personal service.

That said, we are headed to La Toc again next month for a stay. Sandals does some things very well too. At Sandals, we enjoy the option of the other 2 Sandals properties with included transportation, so more dining options, several beaches, etc. La Toc has some very pretty views, especiallu on the Bluffs, but is much larger and more spread out than Rendezvous. Sandals generally always has good food, with a few better than good restaurants, good entertainment and activities, etc. Usually more lively than Rendezvous overall, but always options for quieter areas.

They are both good, I am sure you would enjoy either one. Have a great trip!

collingswood, New...
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel is better?

I am at Rendezvous as we speak. I chose this hotel based on the (mostly) excellent reviews.

Honestly, if I were younger and on my honeymoon , I would not choose this hotel.

So far, our personal experience has not been as wonderful as the reviews. It's certainly not terrible, but were anticipating something more/different.

Read that the staff and service were outstanding. Still waiting to have that experience. Lol

4. Re: Which hotel is better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 01, 2014