We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Halcyon and St James Morgan Bay walkable

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
184 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Halcyon and St James Morgan Bay walkable

I was wondering if anyone new if you could walk from Sandals Halcyon to St James Morgan Bay ( formally Almond beach)?

Also does anyone have a preference one resort over the other?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,885 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Halcyon and St James Morgan Bay walkable

Yes, it's pretty walkable, mostly flat but there's a bit of an uphill near Morgan Bay. Also, you are walking along the highway and there is no sidewalk for most of it. (That's the shortest route) I am not 100% certain you can go all the way on the beach (have never tried it) but I'm pretty sure you can - probably 20 minutes by beach and 15-25 by land.

Very different resort experiences. Sandals is Adults Only and couples oriented - so most everything is for 2 - and no kids. Plus, you can visit the other 2 Sandals no charge with included transportation - so many more restaurants, beaches, etc. 4 star resort.

Morgan Bay is a family resort. So - families (read kids) around, etc. No exchange privileges with any other resorts. 3.5 star resort.

Those are the main differences.

Enjoy your visit.

Boston...
Level Contributor
184 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Halcyon and St James Morgan Bay walkable

Thank you! We're booked at Sandals but I really want to do Joy's Cruise as a tour and he's out of Morgan Bay.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,885 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Halcyon and St James Morgan Bay walkable

There are many very similar tours - Jow Knows, Simon Says, etc. Or look for his contact info and call him, he may just stop at your beach to pick you up too - he has to go by you on the way to Soufriere.

Enjoy your stay.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Halcyon and St James Morgan Bay walkable

Definitely contact him. You don't need to stay at Morgan Bay to do his tour. His email is joytours@live.com and his phone is tel: (758) 459-7331 or (758) 284-1830 His tours leave from Morgan Bay but you don't need to stay there to go on one.

5. Re: Sandals Halcyon and St James Morgan Bay walkable

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 11, 2014