We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SCUBA at Rendezvous

South Carolina
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
SCUBA at Rendezvous

Vacationing at Rendezvous in a few months. Am a certified diver and the scuba diving being part of the all-inclusive package was part of the attraction. Now I understand that the included dives are just off the coast of the resort and that I probably should pay extra for trips to the national park. I am wondering if anyone on the board can add perspective, particularly with respect to the quality of the resort off-shore dives.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
306 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SCUBA at Rendezvous

We have been diving at the Rendezvous for the last 12 years, and will try and shed some light on things for you.

You are entitled to one inclusive dive per day, 6 days a week (Sunday is the divers rest day). These dives are all carried out on the North of the island. They are nice dives, I recommend Pigeon Island and La Roche as two of the regular dives.

There are additional dives on the South of the island which are charged for at an extra rate, mainly because of the extra distance involved in getting there, and the charge to dive in the Marine National Park. These dives are to be recommended, especially " Lesleen M", which is a purpose sunk wreck in the marine park, "The Wall" and Superman's Flight.

The dive staff Louie G, Lincoln and Sheldon do their best to make every dive a memorable one for you.

If you have a non diving partner, they are welcome to go with the divers down to the Marine Park and snorkel, so they are not left out but a charge will be made for this.

I find that the diving package does add greatly to the holiday as some operators on the island are charging horrendous rates for one tank dives.

Have a great time at Rendezvous!

Edited: 6:02 am, March 25, 2013
south carolina
Level Contributor
228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SCUBA at Rendezvous

My husband and I will be at the Rendezvous the first week of June. I wonder if the equipment is included. OK, this is toooo funny. I just realized the person who inquired was my husband! I was fixing to ask when HE was going to be there.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
306 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SCUBA at Rendezvous

That is hilarious!!! But to answer your question....yes they do charge for equipment hire. If you have your own I suggest you take it with you. They don't charge for weights or tanks.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SCUBA at Rendezvous

Working too hard! Life's too busy! No time to talk with my wife! I need a vacation!

5. Re: SCUBA at Rendezvous

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Castries