We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Body Holiday will be my inspiration!

Blackpool
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Body Holiday will be my inspiration!

i am going to be giving up smoking from tomorrow and this will pay for me to travel to the Body Holiday as a single traveller in October - not yet booked but will be in the next few weeks once i know i can do it. I have pictures of the place to stop temptation and the DVD received to watch (received this morning) whenever the evil weed tempts me. Any other singles going 23-30 october? Any tips anyone can give on planning my week of celebration/relaxation?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Body Holiday will be my inspiration!

I went for my honeymoon there - great place to relax and have a good time, as well as participate in things like yoga, archery etc. The daily spa will help soothe your mind :)

We went in October too - a couple of days were rainy, but overall great weather. I loved the food and service at restaurant Tao, even though Cariblue was great.

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
280 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Body Holiday will be my inspiration!

Congrats on your decision to quit smoking nicolalouises!

It has been almost 18 years for me since I last had a cigarette. Now I can't stand being around the smoke. I wonder what the smoking rules are at BH? I don't see anything about the resort being smoke free.

I will be following your thread in hopes of learning about any tips you receive. We are thinking about vacationing there in the summer.

Beverly Hills...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Body Holiday will be my inspiration!

I am also looking at The Body Holiday, but for my honeymoon in September. I am a bit nervous about the amount of activities as my fiance and I run on the lazy side. He is also groaning about the lack of TVs but I am hoping the WiFi will give him enough to watch via hulu and iTunes. How are the rooms? I heard the bathrooms could use some updating?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,056 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Body Holiday will be my inspiration!

KimberlyO,

If you run more to the lounging side of vacations, consider Rendezvous instead, BH's sister property. The resort is adults/couples only and much more laid back. The main differences are the laid back atmosphere and no included massages. You can visit BH for the day/evening, and Rendezvous itself is wonderful; it's our favorite AI on the island.

BH has recently undergone a $20US million rennovation - with pretty much the whole resort getting upgrades. Overall, the bathrooms are not huge and don't have bathtubs (mostly), but considering you don't spend much time in your room, you don't miss it.(Usually)

BH does have an enormous amount of included activities and extra options, but you are under absolutely no obligation to participate at all, you can lounge by the pool or beach and drink umbrella drinks and just relax, by all means!

As far as the TV situation goes - there is a reason the resort doesn't have it in the rooms! They are trying to provide the environment for one to unplug and rejuvenate - and reconnect with their partner! I can't answer to the WiFi/connection issue as we don't use it while there - we take the chance to completely unplug. If TV shows are a must for him, these may not be the resorts (Hulu doesn't work here as it is US only, unless you have a proxy server).

Overall, BH is an excellent resort, with an amazing array of activities. But if you aren't going to use them - why pay extra for all that? Do take a look at Rendezvous also, you may be pleasantly surprised and find it more your speed.

Either way, enjoy your visit!

(Ps: Sept is the height od rainy/hurricane season, be sure to purchase travel insurance!)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Body Holiday will be my inspiration!

Hi all....some tips for The Body Holiday as I was there in October of 2011 & 2012 as a solo traveler. Weather in October both times was fantastic. I discovered the first time that 7 days was not enough, so the second visit was for 10 days....perfect!! Spa is absolutely fabulous...choose your spa treatments before arrival. They will confirm your scheduled treatments before you arrive. Once there and you need to change an appointment, i found them to be most accomodating. The walk up to the spa is a workout in itself....85+ steps I believe. Personally, I chose The Body Holiday Le Sport for the land/sea activities as I am not one to sit still for too long. The spa was the icing on the cake. You've got the best of both worlds! Also a great place to go if you want to kickstart a healthy you! The food is fantastic....never a bad meal. TAO retaurant requires reservations in advance. The "body guards" are fantastic and really make your BH experience one you will not forget. Many repeat visitors.....i will be back! If I recall, there is a smoking area just outside the "game room" where there is a TV, pool table, ping pong, wifi. First time I splurged with a room with a view...fantastic! the second time chose to go with garden view (single supplement) room as I found myself only there to shower and sleep...litterally! both rooms were great...no complaints! It's all about what you make of it...if you just want to chill, no problem or you can do everything like I did. They have a fantastic Tennis & Golf academy... I kickstarted my day with their organized walks (great way to see the island) and focused my mornings with golf, tennis & archery. Afternoons spent at the beach/pool doing water activies, ie snorkeling, paddleboarding, water skiing, tubing, sailing, beach volleyball, aqua aerobics. Also, October is "Octoba Yoga", so if your into Yoga....this is the place to be!

FYI...I am female, age 52, if that matters to anyone reading this, and traveled solo. All ages, weather solo or couples are represented...I met some lovely couples/honeymooners as well. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask and I'll be happy to try and answer them as best I can.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
61 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Body Holiday will be my inspiration!

BodyHoliday is FANTASTIC!!! Look for deals on luxurylink.com, you may be able to save a bundle! We used LL when we went there the first time in 2004; and we are going again next week (we are leaving Saturday and doing the first week at Ti Kaye at Anse Cochon and the second week we're returning to BodyHoliday). The spa treatments varied in quality, depending on the person you get. (My massage person was great and we really hit it off, so we've been exchanging holiday cards ever since and we're going to meet for lunch or dinner during our fortnight [she's no longer at BH, but her niece is].) At that time, they didn't let you 'double-up'; i.e., you couldn't get two massages, you could select from a menu, but only one of any particular treatment. Now, however, you can book them online before you go and you can get all massages or all facials or however you want to organize it.

The food is quite good and no special requests required for vegetarians (me). I am very much looking forward to seeing the place after the remodel. Our room was fabulous last time; I hope they didn't do anything to detract. There was a computer room at that time; I believe there is WiFi, at least in the common areas, if not in all the rooms (some of the rooms are quite a ways out onto the point, away from the main area).

One of the best things was afternoon tea every day. Fresh, home-made donuts, cookies, pastries, etc., changing every day. You'll have a great time... we went in October our first time and it was wonderful (except for one day of the water being off-limits because of Portuguese men-of-war [jellyfish], which you do NOT want to get tangled-up with!). The only problem for me was that it was during the baseball playoffs (I'm a Red Sox fan) and they said the one TV in the lounge was for major sporting events; unfortunately, being a British-influenced island, they had no interest in baseball and the TV was unplugged and there was music playing and a mirror ball spinning. I ended up driving into Gros Islet, where nobody had the game on, and when I stopped at an open-air bar with three TVs, playing a soccer game, some college football, and a soap opera, I asked if there was any place I could see the baseball game and everyone was SOOO nice... bartender said, 'sit right down, I'll find it'... they could only find a Puerto Rican station, so the broadcast was in Spanish, but I was the only non-St. Lucian there and had a GREAT time chatting with three young guys trying to explain baseball to them (they are into cricket); one of them cheered at a foul ball, saying that in cricket any ball that goes into the stands is six runs. I had to explain to him that in baseball the ball had to stay between the lines.

St. Lucians are some of the most well-educated, well-informed people I have ever met. These young men at the bar (in their early 20s), with their backwards baseball caps, knew more about the American (2004) election and world politics than 80% of the American electorate. You will see people selling student textbooks on the street in Castries. A small, obviously impoverished town between Castries and Soufriere has a mural on the fence as you enter that says: "Mathematics is Power." This is a very special island, indeed. (This trip will be my third visit; most to any one island so far.)

Have a great time!!!

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,371 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Body Holiday will be my inspiration!

All I can say is that I recommended it to a friend years ago and she enjoyed the first trip so much she went back 5 or 6 times by herself and with different groups of friends. Another friend went for her 1st trip to SLU one September and loved it as well.

Not to mention how much the sad but tremendously talented Amy Winehouse liked Le Sport. The most incredible free publicity the island probably ever had!

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1120204/St…

thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/21…

Blackpool
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Body Holiday will be my inspiration!

thanks for all the advice/tips/recommendations. i have remained smoke free (since my post 3 months ago) but unfortunately the money i am saving now has to pay for a new roof on my house (boo!) and so i havent been able to face reading the posts knowing its no longer happening - i will get here one day though!

9. Re: The Body Holiday will be my inspiration!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 07, 2014