We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande Room?

Toronto
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Grande Room?

My husband and I have booked the Honeymoon 1 bedroom Beachfront St. Lucian Room at Sandals Grande. I was wandering if anyone can tell me which specific room I should request? Are there any honeymoon 1 bedrooms that have better views than the others?? i.e. room facing carribbean sea.

Any tips would be really helpful.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande Room?

My husband and i stayed in the beachfront suite at Grande also last year on our honeymoon. I would highly suggest the beachfront view (not the oceanview) because the view of Rodney Bay is prettier. The views from that room are great. We were on the 5th floor and when facing the beach we were the last building on the left. Our view was great & everything was a close walk. We loved eating room service every breakfast on our deck & enjoyed the privacy & the beautiful views of the sea.

DC Metro Area
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande Room?

Facing either was is beautiful....honestely it depends on your preference. My husband and I always face the ocean because we like being able to hear the waves crashing (the Bay side doesn't have waves). Also, it's much much quieter. Hardly anyone ever walks on that side of the resort....

The Bay side is a great view, but you'll also view pools etc between the building and the bay...And if you like privacy on your balcony.

It's really a preference on what you'd rather view....both sides have their pluses and minuses. Our first year there we were in the last room in the last building to the right when facing the bay.... It was a corner room and the way it's situated you can see both the bay and the ocean from the balcony....and in between is the park.

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Grande Room?

We were in room 1417 (Rodney Bay Building - one floor up from Concierge office/4th floor). No noise and GREAT view of EVERYTHING. And you can't beat the sunsets from your balcony! Convenient to everything, including the spa (straight down the stairs), concierge office, photo and gift shop, pool, towel hut (on your way to the pool, Barefoot by the Sea - straight out from the building . . . . You do get a better breeze on the other side, but the view of Rodney Bay is unbeatable in my opinion.

Northern NJ
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Grande Room?

Get your money back, the food was horrible and the service was even worst, island is very run down, once you leave the resort your not in Kansas anymore.

PA
Level Contributor
806 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Grande Room?

sjowens i don't know where you were, but i think we were in the same place as you and we didn't see any of that.. The food was great many varties and the people out of this world and the island i saw was not at all run down, now there are so not so good looking places but hey you have that every where you go, island or no island. You must be the one people talk about no matter what you can't be pleased!!!!!!!!!!!!

DC Metro Area
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Grande Room?

Seriously...have no worries. The resort is very nice. Especially the room category you are staying in. I thought the food was great and the service for the most part was impeccable.

The only time anyone was even slightly rude to us in our multiple visits was when my husband took our drink cups up to the beach bar from the beach with sand on them. The bartender gave him a little attitude about getting sand on the bar. It was irritating for like 5 secs then we moved on. Later that day the bartender even came to my husband and apologized.

Someone at some point is bound to have a bad experience. It's like that with any resort. Sandals is a big chain so you see more complaints about them than your other resorts, but believe me they are overall wonderful.

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Grande Room?

Special K - SJOwnes is right - you won't be in Kansas anymore, not even Toronto. You'll be in St. Lucia, West Indies -- a not so commercial, hardly Americanized, very natural island, where clapboard houses and small, old, fishing villages align the coast; where it's lush and tropical and full of culture. The grounds at the Grande are nicely manicured. When you leave the grand, don't be surprised to see a goat or cow or mule tied up to a tree belonging to a local or other locals on their way to go spear fishing. It's a shame that SJOwnes had a bad experience and we appreciate his post (although specifics would be helpful) but you are going someplace that is very beautiful and natural -- some view that as run down; I personally view it as not built up. Enjoy!

Northern NJ
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Grande Room?

I don't really feel like going into it but the place was a dump, wherte it is situated was nice but the food was no doubt disgusting.

and the service was horrible.

I have been to many islands and this one was by far the worst.

You will see for yourself, it is WAY OVERPRICED.

save your money

Toronto
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Grande Room?

Well my friends, it is to late I already booked the Honeymoon 1 bedroom Beachfront St. Lucian Room at Sandals Grande so, despite all of the bad reviews from Mr. Owen we are stuck.

I especially booked this room because, there is 24 hr room service and whenever my hubby and I go away we always eat something at 2-3 a.m. - I know that is a bad diet - but are on vacation so why not? I also wanted to see what the butler service is all about.

I am the kind of person that makes the best out of everything so, I am sure this room and St. Lucia will be fantastic.

So, if anyone has any tips on how the butler service is I would greatly apperciate it - also any other tips on the room itself would be most greatly apperciated!

I have 10 weeks left before we leave and I CANT WAIT!!!!!

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Grande Room?

Have a wonderful time - I know you will since you have read the reviews, good and bad, and can go forwarned/forarmed and with an open mind. I posted a trip report with lots of little details "what to know" around November 16 2005. If you can find it, it may be of some little help. Asking questions is great, but reading actual trip reports from everyone is extremely helpful - it helped me tremendously.

Wish I could go back with you! Please post your [honest] trip report when you return w/pics if possible.