We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding in st lucia?

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
1 post
Save Topic
wedding in st lucia?

My fiance and I are planning to get married in July 2013 with around 18guests. We are torn between getting married in Jalousie-sugar beach resort and the bodyholiday resort.

The review for the bodyholiday resort seems better but we love the picutres of the sugar beach resort. Please help anyone who has been to either of the hotels?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,560 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding in st lucia?

The only reason the reviews for BH come out better than those for Sugar Beach is that Sugar Beach re-branded from Jalousie Plantation this past month - and in the process, their old reviews (over 1,000) were removed.

The reviews for Jalousie were consistently excellent - and actually higher than BH.

That said - they are both excellent resorts. They are also both completely different resorts. BH is a true AI resort in the north of the island with lots of inclusions. However, the setting is not the most scenic. It is a lovely cove beach with a nice ocean view, but nothing as spectacular as Sugar Beach. BH does have the included spa treatments, is an AI and does have lots of activities on-site, including daily and evening entertainment, games, both motorized and non-motorized watersports, etc.

Sugar Beach is unparalleled in viewa, luxury and service overall. It is in a simply stunning, one-of-a-kind location, right between the Pitons. Large rooms or villas - all with private pools and butler service. Gourmet and beachside dining, amazing spa set into the rainforest, and again- truly romantic beautiful views.

Soufriere (where SB is located) is by far the most scenic region of the island with rainforest, snorkeling right off the beach, diving, waterfalls, botanical gardens, hiking, mineral baths, volcano & mud baths, and so much more. Lots of gourmet and local dining options in the area and it simply can't be beat for scenery.

If I was booking a wedding and my group could afford it - Sugar Beach would be one of my very top choices - long before BH. Don't get me wrong, we really like BH for relaxation and etc., but for a wedding and sheer beauty and romance - Sugar Beach and Soufriere wins hands down.

Enjoy either way and congrats in advance!

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding in st lucia?

Sugar Beach is a great choice, and there are other resorts around if your group dont all want to stay there, ranging from budget to high end, all within 10 minutes drive of Sugar Beach, such as Stonefield, Ladera, Fond Doux, and in town you have Still Beach, Hummingbird, Downtown....

Then you can organise group events, like sunset cruises.

It is worth it for the photos alone....and I never hear a complaint about Jalousie/Sugar Beach....they are definately getting it right these days.

3. Re: wedding in st lucia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Castries