We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St-Lucian by Rex

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
438 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
St-Lucian by Rex

Planning on booking a trip to St-Lucian by Rex for January 2013. We are a few girls with a budget to respect (we want AI) and are looking for a fantastic beach with clear turquoise water. The beach at the Rex seems to fit the bill best from what we have seen/read. We have seen that the Rex is currently closed for renovations, would anyone know exactly what is being done to the hotel ?

Any feedback about this hotel and location would be appreciated.

Thanks !

leeds
Level Contributor
364 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St-Lucian by Rex

Pretty sure the Rex is open as they are doing special offers at the moment, I like the hotel, great location and bars, on a budget you won't go far wrong .

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,514 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St-Lucian by Rex

The St. Lucian is open, as stevo noted. I would personally strongly recommend against AI at the St. Lucian though as you are literally steps away from over 30 restaurants and bars at all price points - so limiting yourself to the very few restaurants at the St. lucian is limiting - again thouhg, just my opinion on that one. Others do AI at the St. Lucian and seem just fine with the few choices.

The beach is great - long stretch with pretty calm waters for swimming, a few watersports included, motorized watersports available for hire, etc.

Another budget option may include Morgan Bay Resort. A full, true AI resort with a good beach, watersports included, daily and evening entertainment, etc. May be a good fit also.

Enjoy your visit.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
438 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St-Lucian by Rex

Thank you both for your replies. We have looked at Morgan Bay as well but the beach doesn't seem to be as nice as Reduit beach and the beach aspect is important to us. As for the AI, thanks for your input but we are looking for an AI to avoid spending extra $$ other than excursions. The price from here is well worth going Ai versus room only. No worries that way.

Are there any specific tours/excursions you would recommend ? We like snorkeling and on past vacations we've always booked 1 tour, usually the catamaran around the island type of thing. What would be the must sees in St-Lucia ?

Again, thanks for your input, much appreciated :)

Edited: 12:49 pm, October 05, 2012
leeds
Level Contributor
364 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St-Lucian by Rex

I'd second reedprincess , no point at all going all inclusive, I did it once and still ate out pretty much every night , far too many nice places on the doorstep to be cooped up!

5. Re: St-Lucian by Rex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Castries