We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St lucian or smugglers cove?

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
surrey
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
St lucian or smugglers cove?

Me the wife and two daughters aged 9 & 11 are going for 11 nights at the end of the month and can't decide between the two hotels I know the st lucian has a fantastic beach and that smugglers cove has more stuff for children.

My children are quite happy to keep themselves occupied regardless where we are. I was jar after some opinions?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,551 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St lucian or smugglers cove?

See post #6 in this thread - compares St. Lucian and Smuggler's Cove.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147342-i247-k5792…

If St. Lucian - do not go AI at all, way too many dining options within 5-15 minute walk of the resort. Smugglers Cove is a great, fun family AI (true AI resort) with watersports, daily/evening entertainment, etc.

See that thread for more in depth comparison.

Edited: 11:52 am, October 03, 2012
Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St lucian or smugglers cove?

Jimbo,

I have stayed in both, with kids that age, albeit quite a few years ago.

It is not an easy question to answer. Smugglers is All Inclusive so you will probably do most of youir eating and drinking at the hotel. It is a big place with quite a lot of kids your daughters could pal up with and the kids club has always had a good reputation, if you want to use it. You can just dip in and out of it depending upon whats on etc.

The St Lucian (I assume you mean the Rex) offers All Inc and Room Only. If I were staying at the Rex I would go RO and get the wonderful choice of all of the bars/restaurants in Rodney Bay. But that will probably work out more expensive than AI. There will be less organised activities at the Rex but a fantastic beach.

So if I were choosing between AI at both I would plump for Smugglers. If I could choose between Smugglers and RO at the Rex I would go with the Rex but knowing it would cost a bit more overall.

If you do opt for Smugglers make sure you have a day out in Rodney Bay and also on Pigeon Island. Both beaches are great with cheap lunches available.

STEVE

Edited: 12:03 pm, October 03, 2012
surrey
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St lucian or smugglers cove?

Wow thanks for the quick replies, the reason we want to go all in is im an airline employee and they both have some fantastic rates for these hotels at the moment so we will be going all in, my head says smugglers, but then looking at the beach at the rex st lucian aaaaaaaaaarhhhhhh

i keep changing my mind i will put it to the family.

once again thanks for the quick replies

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St lucian or smugglers cove?

Jimbo,

If it helps whilst the beach at Smugglers is only average/good the pools are fantastic inc the kids pool with waterslide etc

STEVE

surrey
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St lucian or smugglers cove?

Thanks steve

I think it's going to be smugglers cove. Its also cheaper at the moment as well. I will book it over the weekend.

Thanks again

6. Re: St lucian or smugglers cove?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 14, 2013