We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat transfer from international airport?

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
8 posts
Save Topic
Boat transfer from international airport?

Saw the helicopter transfer and the negative reviews about the 1hr+ car ride. I was wondering if there were any boat transfers that would sail up the scenic west coast to either rendezvous or calabash cove?

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat transfer from international airport?

Hi,

There is nothing regular. It could be fixed up as a special but it will not be cheap and you will need a taxi at UVF to get to the boat, and I am not sure if you will need to do likewise at the hotel, they may have Jettys. Also with luggage in the boat you will need a bigger boat so more cost.

So unless you are really keen it is IMO a non starter

STEVE

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat transfer from international airport?

There is no regular service from Vieux Fort to resorts in the north. You would need to hire a boat to take you, and that would be at a much larger expense than taking either a taxi or private transfer. Or even taking the helicopter!

If you are interested, you could contat Mystic Man or perhaps Captain Ricky.

Sorry.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat transfer from international airport?

There isn't boat transfer for a reason. The waters near the airport are very rough. The expense would be beyond comprehension. Take the taxi -- people complain but, in my opinion, for no good reason unless they are extremely prone to car sickness. The drive is gorgeous and the taxi drivers are usually great commentators on their island.

4. Re: Boat transfer from international airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:39 am, September 16, 2012
Edited: 7:39 am, September 16, 2012
Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat transfer from international airport?

Caribculture,

To make it competitive with a land taxi a water taxi would have to do it for say USD 90 for 4 people or USD 135 for 6. I don't think you can get that price or do you know differently. Competitive re helicopter yes ie USD 150 pp but not a land taxi?

STEVE

leeds
Level Contributor
364 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat transfer from international airport?

A water taxi would not have to compete with a land taxi as its a totally different service surely?

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat transfer from international airport?

Another consideration is that there's no jetty at Rendezvous; you'd have to wade ashore, carrying your luggage above your head!

A taxi is a much better option- you get to see some of the island scenery en route, & most of the taxi drivers will have water &/or Piton beer in the car for you to rehydrate with after a long flight. Just think of the taxi as an excursion to enjoy, rather than a chore. Make sure you book one with air-con though!

New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat transfer from international airport?

Solomon will do it for $150 for upto 4 people. its expensive for 2 people travelling but cheap for 4 . I am using him in October when i go over there

www.solomon-saintlucia.com/

Baltimore
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boat transfer from international airport?

If you are thinking of taking the helicopter from UVF to SLU, thats the way to go. We took a boat transfer from Calabash to our hotel in Soufriere and it took a very long time, although it was an enjoyable way to travel. I think it cost us about $250 though, and the helicopter was $300 including the taxi to the hotel (approx 20 min drive) through the Calabash website. Take a boat taxi somewhere for lunch for a shorter and equally beautiful view of the west coast.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Boat transfer from international airport?

Bon jou Parag D,

USD 150 from Vieux Fort to Castries (Morgan Bay) is a very low price, even for 2 passengers. Much lower than the official Soufriere Water Taxi Association rates.

It is a beautiful cruise past fishing villages & coves that many visitors (& Looshans) never see. Depending on weather, the seas may be a bit rolly out of VF but once on the Caribbean side - the ride is calm and dry.

For true, Solomon not making much on that trip!

Bless up ! Paul