We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals La Toc Butler service

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Sandals La Toc Butler service

I was looking into booking one of the Romeo and Juliet rooms with the butler service and was wondering if its worth paying the extra for it?

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals La Toc Butler service

The butler service is incredible. As to whether it's worth it or not only you can decide. You won't miss it if you don't have it and haven't experienced it. If you use the butler services then it's worth it -- we had breakfast served every morning on our balcony and that alone was worth the price of admission but they do so much more than that for you. It's worth experiencing it but if it is going to break your budget or keep you from doing other things it is not the be all end all.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals La Toc Butler service

I second Nevera that it is definitely not a necessity. It would depend on whether or not you would use them, and how much the service is worth to you. You will probably have a larger room, but you are not in the room that much. If you think you will be in the room a lot, that may be even more of a reason for a Butler. They will also unpack for you, which I would never let anyone do for me, LOL! They will save you spots at the pool and at the beach, and any other special things you request. I know myself, and I would not ask for much, and so the price is not worth it to me. If it's what you want, I'd say go for it, and I think you will be pleased. If you're unsure, maybe save some money this time and just do Concierge.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals La Toc Butler service

It's 100% worth it. I have stayed twice at La Toc in the Romeo and Juliet Suites with Butler Service.

I love the peace of mind that comes with butler service, knowing there is someone to take care of everything and that I will get my dining reservations, etc all taken care of (this is one thing no one can do in advance, not even a travel agent, but you can make requests through the butler team).

I loved having seats reserved by the pool and beach and being brought a cooler of our favorites. I also loved being able to order a drink or food at any hour, wherever we were on resort. One thing about butler service is that you not only have access to the 24 hour room service menu that concierge guests get, but you can order from ANY restaurant as long as it's open. You can even order from multiple restaurants. We decided to have a romantic dinner on our patio. Our butler set up a full table with all nice lines, rose petals, etc, and served us white glove with food mostly from La Toc (exclusive french restaurant it's tough to get into), but with an appetizer Dh liked from Piton. Having butler service also allows you to make reservations at Piton, which other guests can't do, they must walk up.

We also had a standing breakfast order which served as our 'wake up call"

We loved coming home to find snacks, chilled champagne and a bubble bath waiting for us. They also went out of their way to decorate our room for our anniversary!. I can't say enough about butler service. We've had one of our butlers both times, and it's like coming home to family.

let me know if you have any questions!

Edited: 12:08 pm, June 30, 2012
4. Re: Sandals La Toc Butler service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, July 09, 2013