We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

caribelle batik

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
caribelle batik

Do you actually see how they do the Batik here or is it just a place where they sell the material

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,885 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: caribelle batik

They actually do it there - you can see the process.

Also, tells you that right on their website, along with some pictures of the process: "Come up to view the artist in location demonstrating the ancient are of batik and offering their creations of wall hangings, dress lengths, beach sarongs, men’s shirts and ladies garments. Click here to view The Magic of Batik."

Enjoy your visit - it is very interesting to watch - and the products are beautiful!

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: caribelle batik

We weren't fortunate enough to see any batik being made, but the materials are all beautiful! We spent a lot of time just wandering around enjoying everything.

And the view from the balcony overlooking the countryside below is just amazing!

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: caribelle batik

We saw it in St Kitts years ago and wanted my

mother to see it this time. Hoping we can work it all in

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: caribelle batik

Hi,

I seem to remember that there is one weekday, or half a day, that they are not open and we hit that as part of a tour, which was a pity. So I do recommend that you double check their opening times before you arrive.

STEVE

London, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: caribelle batik

Can batik fabric be bought anywhere else on the island? I have a friend who would love some fabric as a present!

Thank you.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: caribelle batik

Yes there are shops that sell batik products in most of the main centres. Including in the gift shop at Smugglers(where you are staying?) last time I was there. In some shops you can also buy lengths of cloth to make into clothing etc yourself.

It will be worth you having a look in the market in Castries for more variety and almost certsainly better prices. Get an idea of prices at Smugglers before you go.

STEVE

Edited: 5:13 am, April 02, 2012
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,885 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: caribelle batik

Sea Island Cotton shop in BayWalk carries a wide selection of Caribelle Batiks creations also at both regular and duty free prices - carry your passport or foriegn drivers license and know your flight info.

Enjoy.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: caribelle batik

Does anyone know the approx cost of a taxi from the port to Caribelle batik?

Last time there there was not much selection at the dock area

Thanks

9. Re: caribelle batik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 14, 2013