We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is it like as a single traveller at the Body Holiday?

Ascot, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
What is it like as a single traveller at the Body Holiday?

I've booked to go to the Body Holiday in June and am really looking forward to it but am nervous about being on my own and not meeting anybody to talk to, I know that they have hosted tables but do people actually use them? 10 nights with no real contact would be hell. This is my first time travelling on my own (apart from work) and don't know what to expect...

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,354 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is it like as a single traveller at the Body Holiday?

People are very social - whether singles or couples. You will have plenty of people to talk to, not to mention the hosted tables, which yes - people really use. Everytime we've been there, the hosted tables are full with a BodyHoliday staffer (usually a very good looking young man) "heading" the table and the table always seemed to be having a great time - lots of laughter! We wanted to join one night as we had made friends with one of the ladies - we were told no as it was for those traveling alone - so she ate with us along with another couple - that hosted table still looked fun though!!!

you will have plenty of new friends after your time there - most everyone is social, if you do any of the group excersie courses or pool activities, etc, by default you will meet new friends. No worries!

Enjoy your trip - I am sure you will have a great time!

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,452 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is it like as a single traveller at the Body Holiday?

A good friend of mine went a few years ago as a single traveller and loved it. She saved up and went back again with a friend that she met whilst at Le Sport. She said the singles table was good fun.

New York
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What is it like as a single traveller at the Body Holiday?

It sounds like other's had a much better experience than I did. The spa, the food and the accommodations were fantastic. Absolutely beautiful spa! The singles table at night was a good for singles travelers. However, I found it hard to meet others, as many people were looking to relax and spend 'time on their own' at the spa. Maybe I just hit it on a so so week. I did have a wonderful time though!

Ascot, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is it like as a single traveller at the Body Holiday?

Thank you all for your responses.

I don't mind not meeting people to hang around with during the day as I can always bury myself in a book but it's the evenings I'm more concerned about and you all agree that the singles table is good so that's comforting :)

london
Level Contributor
9 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is it like as a single traveller at the Body Holiday?

OMG what a coincidence, I have just posted an almost identical question!

I am looking to book the BodyHoliday for June too and I have the same reservations as you! Actually seeing someone ask the same question has reasured me that I'm not crazy..

Maybe I'll see you there (if I get the courgae to book)

London
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What is it like as a single traveller at the Body Holiday?

Leesa17, go on book it! I very much doubt you will regret it.

I have visited St Lucia (not the BodyHoliday) and spent some time on my own whilst there. Didn't have any problems. I have also gone to the Maldives as a single female traveller and although I was a little wary before I went, it was OK once I was there. If I wasn't already booked to go to Barbados/Dominica for the month of July I would definitely be booking to go to the BodyHoliday.

The only concern (and it was a small one) was eating meals every night on my mind on and not being able to talk to somebody to say what a beautiful night it was. That shouldn't be a problem at BodyHoliday considering what other posters have said about the hosted tables.

I'm sure pkcurtis wouldn't mind some company if you are both there at the same time.

Go on, book it and enjoy yourself. I bet you'll love it and it won't be the last holiday you decide to go on by yourself!

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What is it like as a single traveller at the Body Holiday?

I wouldn't worry. At any given time we have over 30 single travellers at the resort. There is always something to do and activities to partake in. The night life is great fun, and the singles are the ones that create the festive vibe on property. Tends to be younger 30 something and 40 something singles in June, and always super enjoyable.

Why don't you facebook us (http://www.facebook.com/TheBodyHoliday) and ask the same question of our regular single travellers. They will tell you as it is. Any questions however, please email me at mark@thebodyholiday.com and I will be more than happy to assist.

Regards

Mark Frances

london
Level Contributor
9 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is it like as a single traveller at the Body Holiday?

Well I have booked!! (yikes!!). Thought I better do it before I talked myself out of it.

Thanks for the info Mark, looking forward to my visit.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,354 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is it like as a single traveller at the Body Holiday?

Yippeeee for you!!! I am sure you will have an excellent time - the spa treatments are wonderful! Enjoy your trip - and give us a review when you get back!!!

Ascot, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is it like as a single traveller at the Body Holiday?

Lessa17 I'm going from the 19 June to the 29 June with Virgin Holidays, does that coincide with you?

Mark has reassured me on age as well, I'm early 30's and was slightly worried people would be a lot older than me.