We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling at Windjammer Landing????

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Snorkeling at Windjammer Landing????

I recently heard that there is a roped off swimming area at the windjammer landing. Are guests allowed to snorkel outside the designated swimming area? Is there even any good snorkel in the swimming area? I heard that there is a free snorkel trip daily but that still wouldn't make up for the freedom of snorkel whenever I'd want right off the beach.

1. Re: Snorkeling at Windjammer Landing????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:49 pm, January 26, 2012
London
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling at Windjammer Landing????

I have snorkelled a great deal at windjammer. There is no reef in the bay that the hotel occupies. There are some fish and you can snorkel wherever you like. The roped off area is cleared of sea urchins - outside that area there may be some, but I doubt that would bother a snorkeler! The trip goes to the next bay where there are some corals on rocks, but not a reef as such.

The best island on the Island is around the Pitons - Anse Chastanet and Jalousie. Both right off the beach. Hire a car or go on a boat trip.

Enjoy!

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,424 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling at Windjammer Landing????

If you get up early and swim down to East Winds the snorkelling is better there. I went on the Windjammer snorkel trip in the afternoon yesterday and the coral was not good sadly and not many fish. Generallly, the south of the island is much better for snorkelling!

4. Re: Snorkeling at Windjammer Landing????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, April 14, 2013