We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande and Pigeon Island

UK
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Grande and Pigeon Island

Is it possible to walk from the Sandals Grande to Pigeon Island?

doncaster
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande and Pigeon Island

yes i a nice walk about 2 hrs round trip

St. Lucia
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande and Pigeon Island

Hi,

Pigeon Island is just two minutes walk from the Grande. It's quite beautiful and steeped in history. You'll love it! The walk up to the top is quite tough but the views are terrific...so don't forget your camera!

Have a great holiday.

Ray

Sanborn, NY
Level Contributor
425 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Grande and Pigeon Island

The walk from Sandals Grande is just a few minutes to get to Pigeon Island park. The walk to the top is not all that tough. My wife has a bad hip and I have an ankle full of titanium from a really bad car accident and we both hiked up to the top. I'm 53. It's not a bad hike at all. While on the island (actually... since the causeway was built it's not really an island any more...) check out the beach, the little restaurant/pub, and there's a guided tour ...something about pirate caves... that we missed. It was a pleasant morning activity for us.... oh... and it cost $5 person (USD) to get into the park.

PA
Level Contributor
423 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Grande and Pigeon Island

Does the beach there have clear calm water? We were wondering if we should spend our 8 hrs. in St. Lucia at Reduit Beach or the beach at Pigeon Point Park.

We are looking for beautiful soft sand, clear, calm "bathtub" like water, and we love to lay on the beach and take in all the beautiful lush tropical scenery that surrounds a beach.

Which is better Reduit or the one at Pigeon Point?

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Reduit Beach
Reduit Beach
341 Reviews
St. Lucia
St Lucia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Grande and Pigeon Island

The beach inside Pigeon Island is lovely and the water is very calm. It can get busy, particularly when there is a cruise ship in, but then so can Reduit. Being on Pigeon Island has the added advantage of being able to wander around the rest of the park, hike to the top or just sit outside Jambe de Bois (a small restaurant) at the waters edge.

Michele

Mentioned in this post
Jambe De Bois
Jambe De Bois
386 Reviews
St. Lucia