We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Repair work at the Rendezvous?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
17 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Repair work at the Rendezvous?

I have just been notified (Kuoni) of repair work to the Piano Bar at the Rendezvous due to the damage caused by hurricane Tomas. The bar remains closed and there will be some disruption during daylight hours as hand and electrical tools will be in use. I am due there on 8th March. Has anyone else been informed of this and is there anyone who is there or has been there recently that can tell me what the position is ie is it very noisy, dusty etc.

Whitchurch-Stouffvil...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Repair work at the Rendezvous?

I've emailed the contact I have been speaking too at Rendezvous. We are going down on March 13th so I'm a little concerned as well.

I will post her response as soon as I get anything.

Kent

Mentioned in this post
Kent
Kent
England, UK
Whitchurch-Stouffvil...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Repair work at the Rendezvous?

Reply from Rendezvous:

-------------

Dear Mr. Fraser

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns. We confirm that the Piano Bar roof was damaged during the hurricane and therefore had to be replaced. We are happy to report that the roof is complete. However, as the bar interior was damaged by water entry when the roof became compromised, the interior is being remodeled. Currently this work is not disruptive to our guests and we do not anticipate that you will be affected by this work which will be limited to finishing – painting, plastering, installation of windows, furniture and equipment and some tile work.

We trust that we have put your concerns to rest and look forward to meeting and hosting you.

Regards,

Yhasmine Remy | General Manager

-----------

I replied back asking for confirmation that the Piano bar will be closed during our stay.

London
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Repair work at the Rendezvous?

Dear Mr Fraser,

My wife and I are traveling to the resort on the 12th February, we will inform all Trip Advisor Members of the current situation. We emailed the reservations department at the resort last week, but no acknowledgement as of yet.

If you have a direct email address to Ms Remy it would be appreciated, or maybe she is reading this post?

Regards

Fresh

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
328 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Repair work at the Rendezvous?

This post was from last year.We were there in November and the piano bar has now been replaced and is fully open.....enjoy!

5. Re: Repair work at the Rendezvous?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 25, 2013