We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa beach cottages or rendezvous

Gadsden, Alabama
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
villa beach cottages or rendezvous

i'm getting married in june 06 and after careful consideration, we've chosen st. lucia as our honeymoon destination. i am torn between the villa beach cottages and rendezvous. like many others, i want the excellence of the leading resorts without the crowds and the commercialized all night parties. i've read some mixed reviews from rendezvous but only raving ones about the excellence of villa beach. any advise would be fabulous!!

3sh
Roswell, GA
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: villa beach cottages or rendezvous

no problem rconn.

Ya, I didn't find the travel sites helpful in finding info out about them, I doubt they want to pay them the commissions.... I know I wouldn't either. Best to go direct anyways IMO.

Odenton, MD
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: villa beach cottages or rendezvous

Congrats on your wedding 3sh. I'll post a Villa Beach review when I get back late January.

Suffolk, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: villa beach cottages or rendezvous

Spa lady is off her trolley. The Rendezvous is a lovely place. It's not the Ritz or anything but it doesn't claim to be and if that's what you're looking for you're best to try Sandals and pay through the nose for it. Rendezvous is a privately owned and run hotel. It is small, personal and has the best service you could hope to receive. If all you are after is a brand name chain store-type concrete jungle with so many guests the staff can't tell you from Adam, go elsewhere. If you want a really lovely holiday and wedding, go to the Rendezvous. I speak from recent experience.

Chattanooga TN
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: villa beach cottages or rendezvous

Rendezvous was a little disappointing, in our opinion. We are in our early fifties, just to give you a baseline for judgment. Food was good, not great. Room was dated, with no fridge and no means to get ice or snacks when you need them. Beach was great, but small. The couples-only atmosphere was great for us, but the beach is not private, so kids do come passing through from time to time.

All inclusive was really not the way to go for Rendezvous

I will be happy to give more detail if you need it.

Get answers to your questions about Castries