We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Excursions

arlington, va
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Excursions

What are the best day trips to do from Sandals Grand? Did antbody book on their own instead of through sandals? I have also heard of people doing a cab on their own.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great

Thanks

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Excursions

We took the shopping tour to the Straw Market and Point Sepherine (sp?) $20 p/p

We did the Land and Sea Tour, which takes you to the volcano, Diamond waterfalls/Botantical Gardens, Margiot Bay, Anse La Raye, Canaries, Anse Chastenet, the Pitons and Soufriere. We ate lunch in Soufriere and then boarded a catamaran back to Rodney Bay. We stopped for snorkeling and went into Margoit Bay.

Also did the 4x4 Jeep Tour. They took us trhough the banana plantations, to a wonderful water fall and a black sand beach for swimming. It was great.

We also walked over to Pidgeon Point. It's just down the street from the Grande.

We found the tours to be a little expensive compared to other Islands, but worth it. We like organized tours with friendly locals that will explain the history and culture of the Island. We have never just taken a cab for touring.

lincoln park, mi
Level Contributor
911 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Excursions

We like doing organized tours as well, and KVR's advice really sums up the best things to do and see on the island. Having said that, we also like to do a little exploring on our own. We have been to St Lucia twice and did the Sandal's shopping tour and also did one getting our own taxi to and from. Much preferred getting our own taxi to being on a schedule. Taxi's are plentiful. We also got our own taxi with another couple and did our own tour of the island for the day. The only reason we did the island tour by taxi vs a tour is that we met a local that we "connected" with and we had a great day of exploring and learning the history of the island. I am not suggesting in any way that one way is better than the other, just another viewpoint.

Ottawa, ON
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Excursions

I agree with Brenda-2004 & kvr. It depends on what you are looking for. I heard that the land & sea tour was great which is booked through Sandals and We did the Canapy Adventure tour. It is a fairly new tour and you do Zip lines through the Rainforest. I was talking about this in my first post and just getting back on to reply. It was a fun & exciting tour if you did not do anything like this before. It took about 45 minutes from the Sandals Regency by bus and then it takes awhile to get ready and each person does a little trial run before you start the actual zip lines. It took about an hour to go through them all, about 6. It wasn't as high as I thought it would be and some were not very long, but it was exciting for a first time. We also used a taxi service and did a day tour around the Island. We used Phillip tours.com, we had a great day. It is a father & son team and they were very freindly but it depends on what you are comfortable with. They have a Friday night street party every week can't think of the area it is in, it will come to me later, we used the same driver for this as well and they stay with you and show you around. Very interesting, there are alot of locals but also alot of tourists. We were a little nervous to venture out for that but it was a great experience. We also use the golf course at the Regency.

Again I heard alot of great things from both the Sandals tours and the local taxi service.

Brenda-2004, have you been to the Island a few times!! Where did you stay?? I would love to go back. Next time I will do a little more relaxing by the pool!!

lincoln park, mi
Level Contributor
911 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Excursions

Just want to clarify my above post a bit. We preferred getting our own taxi for the shopping so we could be at our own pace.

sunkids,

We have been twice and will probably visit again. We stayed at The Regency twice in November '03 and '04. I think if we go back, I am going to look into the Rodney Bay area. Many people prefer the rusticness of the south part of the island, but we like a little more activity. Our next vacation is St John, we just had to cancel our trip this November due to family illness. Still have the tickets and have to make a claim for the cancellation fees when we rebook.

The zip line tour sounds great! The ATV adventure was a lot of fun too. Would do that again. I love St Lucia for its lush, tropical beauty. Were you happy with the Regency? What other tours did you do?

lincoln park, mi
Level Contributor
911 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Excursions

sunkids, Just read your post about the Regency, sounds like you had a nice time.

Brenda