We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandals grand - any buffet restaurants?

Montreal
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
sandals grand - any buffet restaurants?

Am going to the Grand in a couple of weeks so I have been reading many comments on the Grand and all state which restaurant serves what, etc... But, I have been to many All Incl. hotels and all of them had one large buffet restaurant where you can go for dinner without reservations and no particular dress code. This was nice for evenings when we're tired and don't feel like dressing up or taking long to eat.

I haven't read anything on an existing buffet restaurant. Is there one? If there is, what's the food and dress code.

Thank you.

Sanborn, NY
Level Contributor
425 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: sandals grand - any buffet restaurants?

karamelle25-

I don't recall a dinner buffet at the Grande. There were a couple of buffet nights where there set up (marvelous) buffet, but those were not even in the restaurants. They were outside. None of the restaurants need reservations at this time (according to Sandals). You can go into Bayside or the Pub without "dressing for dinner" as they are resort casual. At lunchtime there was often a buffet setup at Barefoot by the Sea. And always a large breakfast buffet in Bayside. I just didn't see dinner buffet in the restaurants. I may have missed something. :)

Except for Toscaninni's, dress code is as simple as shorts and a collared shirt for the guys and just about anything that's not a swimsuit for the ladies.

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sandals grand - any buffet restaurants?

We just returned from the Grande. Bayside is listed as an ala cart restaurant. However, we ate there twice and both times it was buffet.

No restaurant at the Grande requires reservations. For casual and quick, Bayside and the Olde London Pub are good. As long as you are wearing decent shorts, shirts and shoes. You can eat at these 2 restaurants without a problem.

At Toscanini's we did dress for dinner, we had a 20 minute wait at the bar for a table and the service was terribly slow, so it took about 2 hours to eat.

Barefoot By The Sea was closed most evenings we were there due to the rain, so we did not get to eat there.

Get answers to your questions about Castries