We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Auguset

Kansas City
3 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Auguset

Hi! We really want to go to St. Lucia for our honeymoon, but every where I read said that it is the rain/hurricane season there during August. Has anyone been there in August? Does it rain constantly? It is our first choice but, I would be heartbroken if it rained our whole trip! Thanks for any input.-Sara

Castries, St.Lucia
Level Contributor
508 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Auguset

July, August and October are all about the same, about 10" a month, and August IS in the middle of the hurricane season. There is no guarantee in the hurricane season...cant you make it, say October or even May or June?

I live here and those figures are my eight year averages for the area near to Castries.

Sanborn, NY
Level Contributor
425 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Auguset

JohnK-

My wife and I are coming down Dec 26, staying for New Year and leaving Jan 1. (25th wedding anniversary)

We are coming to St Lucia #1 because it looks absolutely gorgeous, and #2 because we felt we'd have a better chance of finding warm water for snorkeling if we went farther south (Bahamas water is kind of cool that time of year). We'll be staying at the Sandals Grande, taking helicopter right to the beach there from UVF when we clear customs.

I am very interested in hearing your thoughts on weather at that time, water temps, etc.