We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Lucia All-Inclusive

ajg
Buffalo, NY
4 posts
Save Topic
St. Lucia All-Inclusive

Does anybody know of any good all inclusive deals in St. Lucia.

We want to try and stay under $4000 for our Honeymoon in September! Mayan Riviera was about $2798 TOTAL and I have been looking into some places in Aruba that are about the same. I would LOVE to go to St. Lucia if we coudl get the same rates. I have heard SO MANY good things! We are flying out of Buffalo!

Sanborn, NY
Level Contributor
425 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Lucia All-Inclusive

ANOTHER Buffalonian! :) I live in Sanborn. We flew out of Buffalo too. There are actually several choices for AI in St Lucia. Probably best known (and probably one of the most expensive) would be the Sandals resorts. There are 3 on St Lucia but might REALLY bust your budget. Lots of resorts offer both AI and non-AI plans. I think Stonefield is one, Ti Kaye as well? Others will surely jump in here. CLub St Lucia by Splash? Villa Beach Cottages?

Is that $2798 including airfare? That might be tough. $4000 area sounds more like what you'll end up spending.

If you want romantic and private you might also want to look into renting a villa. I know that SOUNDS expensive but you can probably do it for about 60% of what an AI will cost you and that's with doing some grocery shopping and renting a jeep! :)

If you look at villa rentals I think you'll see more selection in the Cap Estates area. Many come with a housekeeper (who may also cook) and a groundkeeper (who may also provide security and pool maintenance). Just a thought.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Lucia All-Inclusive

We are staying at the Rex St. Lucian and for a week, I believe you could do that in September. You can also use the facilities at the Papillon (not recommended) and the Royal. It is on Reduit Beach which is supposed to be the best beach and right on Rodney Bay where there is a lot to do. You can also do just a breakfast plan and eat at the many restaurants on the Rodney Bay area. The more southern part of the island is the prettiest but we are planning on doing excursions with private taxi and water taxi guides which is far less expensive. Check applevacations.com and put your dates in and do a search, or put your zip code in and they will tell you who is an Apple rep in you area. I checked with every travel source on the Internet and Apple was by far the least expensive. On the other hand, if you are going in September, you might want to stay away from Riviera Maya and St. Lucia, since it is hurricane season. I don't think Aruba has ever been hit by a hurricane.

Boston
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Lucia All-Inclusive

Hi, just another thought, if you are thinking of Sandals. We got a good deal (philadelphia to St. Lucia) and are going with the deluxe room, we are spending just about 4000 total, so it can be done. You just have to shop around. Also, don't let the hurricane season scare you away. Sandals has a hurricane guarentee. Look up the sandals website to read all about it. No matter what day of your vacation a hurricane hits, Sandals, will let you come back, and they even pay for the airfair. Pretty nice if you ask me!

By the way, we have been to the Grande and loved it so much we are going back again. Please don't let the reviews scare you. I honestly can't understand them! Good Luck.

OGG
England
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Lucia All-Inclusive

I strongly advise you not to go to the Club St Lucia bysplash. We were there in January for 2 weeks, it is the WORST place we have ever stayed in. There is a sewerage plant right in the middle of the complex and the stench can be smelt everywhere. The chalets are scruffy and dirty, the food is dreadful, and as for the hygene in the dining areas...well it doesnt exist.....We tried to move the day we arrived, but everywhere was full...The beach is NOT as it appears in the brocures.....The whole comples needs knocking down....All we could hear for two weeks were people complaining. I spoke to the manager, and he said the sewage problem has been going on for a long time, and he also said Club St Lucia was in liquidation ( whitch explains a lot).....The best thing about our holiday, was the day we LEFT.......DONT GO.....

Chicago
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Lucia All-Inclusive

I will agree with the above post! It's horrible at Club St. Lucia. We went 3 weeks ago for our honeymoon and I cried when I walked into our room.The bathroom looked like a gas station on an interstate. Everything you read about the "smell" is true. Everyone was MAD and wanted to move out- although no vacancy anywhere on the island. Sandals Grande for us next time- looks STUNNING!!

New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Lucia All-Inclusive

we stayed at the Royal St. Lucian - gorgeous hotel and we spent under $2,000 for 4 nights and this included some excursions (doubling your time for honeymoon should leave you under $4,000). I think there is a great deal to be found for this place. It is not all-inclusive however, but it was great fun to travel outside of the resort and eat all the wonderulf food. And believe me, it was wonderful! Many inexpensive places as well.

But if you are definite about all inclusive, we took a sunset cruise out with tons of honeymooners who were staying at Sandals (Sandals Grand, i believe). They looked like they were having a grand old time!

We wanted to stay at Sandals but knew we would not get as much personal service as we would at Royal. See my post under Royal St. Lucian for details and pictures.

new jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Lucia All-Inclusive

Warning! Don't listen to the positive reviews about Club St. Lucia. Everything about this place is disgusting. Unless you enjoy sleeping with bugs, smelling sewage, eating lousy food and getting sub standard service, book somewhere else. I just got back and I am still in shock that such a place hasn't been scheduled for demoliton.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St. Lucia All-Inclusive

Don't agree about Club St Lucia. Its a wonderful place and can't understand people on the net who moan and groan about it.I have just got back after my 3 week stay and never heard or spoke to anyone who was unhappy with the resort during my time there.