We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moule a Chique Lighthouse

USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Moule a Chique Lighthouse

Has anyone gone up to see the Lighthouse? Is it worth the drive to see it? I love lighthouses and it seems like this one is in an interesting location, but I can't find much info on it. Thanks!

Iowa
Level Contributor
177 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moule a Chique Lighthouse

Haven't been up there for about 15 years, but I do remember the view is awesome- can see up both the Atlantic and Caribbean coasts (the Pitons from a totally different angle). I imagine the sunsets from there would be great. There is a guesthouse near there, Villa Caribbean Dream, that I found on the internet- they may know more about the lighthouse's present state. If you do venture up there- please report back to all of us!

P.S. There is also a small lighthouse on the Vigie Peninsula- about a 5minute drive from the Vigie airport- with nice views of the northern end of the island from there as well.

Castries, St.Lucia
Level Contributor
508 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Moule a Chique Lighthouse

DenneryBoy has the answer but I can add a bit. The drive up is on what used to be a paved road but is now full of potholes. Its is driveable wih a car but a 4wheel would be better. Some years back they ripped out the beutiful Fresnel lens assembly and replaced it with the usual automatic electric. The old assembly used to float in mercury and all of the bits were

"rescued" by various people. The view IS outstanding and you should see the newly re-built Coconut Bay hotel easily, as well as the Pitons right away to the west.

Fairport, New York
Level Contributor
798 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moule a Chique Lighthouse

Ahhhh, another light house person, yeah! We specifically went to see this one on our way home. The resort was nice enough to drop the other passengers off at the airport then drive us up to the light house. we acutally took a road to the electrical station on the hill across the way from the lighthouse and got a sepcatcular view not only of the light house but the island, you gotta see this!! Brought a tele photo lense and got some great pcitures. check out

www.lhdepot.com/database/searchdatabase.cfm

they have an amazing database. the picture of this light house is not that great, i have pictures if you provide an e-mail address.

we have "done" the outerbanks (5 lighthouses), Klein Curacao, and a recent rip to Maine (14 lighthouses).

give me a shout if you want pictures or info!!

USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Moule a Chique Lighthouse

iig:

pictures would be great. I had contacted a place that has accomodations close to the lighthouse and she said that you can walk up and "tour" the area. I hear it offers some amazing views, so I'm definitely adding this to my must do list while on St. Lucia.

I've relatives in Maine and Oregon so have been fortunate to see lots of the US lighthouses. I'm looking forward to seeing a foreign one.

here is my e-mail address:

jmccarren@auglaizeprovico.com