We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute questions :)

Montreal
Level Contributor
96 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute questions :)

Hello all...

I just booked a last minute trip to St.James Morgan Bay... Dont have all that much time to do research on the hotel and the island as I would normally do before travelling. I tried going through as much on here as possible but still have some questions...

-Are we in walking distance to shops, markets, restos??

- ppl have mixed reviews about the driving... my bf has driven in most of the islands we have been to bahamas, turks, cuba, hawaii... has anyone who has been to any of these places say the driving compares or is it worse here?

-Besides taking a day to go to Soufriere area to see all main attractions(which we will def do) what are some of your must see's/do's here in the north area?

Thanks for all replies... So excited!!

Donna

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute questions :)

Donna,

There is a small shopping parade(Gablewoods Mall) about 15 mins walk away. It includes a supermarket, a bank and a few gift type stores. Otherwise the bus stops outside which goes North to Rodney Bay or South to Castries both are 10 mins by bus and where there are lots of shops. For restauraunts you really need to get to Rodney Bay.

Driving should not cause your bf a problem. Signage is not good though so make sure you have good directions

In the North Pigeon Island is a good half day/day out. Old fort, mini hike, views, nice beaches, very nice local restaurant (Jambe de Bois). Otherwise depends what you want to do. Zip Lining/Ariel Tram at Babbaneau(? spelling) is good fun and different.. Have a look at www.serenitytvl.com for ideas

STEVE

Edited: 3:10 am, October 04, 2013
Montreal
Level Contributor
96 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute questions :)

Thanks for the help Steve !! :)

3. Re: Last minute questions :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 06, 2014