We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Halcyon November 2004

Chicago IL
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Halcyon November 2004

We are going to Halcyon for our honeymoon (mid November). With the fact of stress from the wedding I was looking to see how long the taxi ride was and came across a few bad reviews about Halcyon. (i.e. bed bugs, bad service, room not available, etc.) Please tell me of your your experiences at Halcyon! Thanks! Also, other activities that you did outside of the resort. Thank you very much!

Eryn

Braceville,IL
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Halcyon November 2004

We went to Halcyon January 2004. We had a great time. No problem with bed bugs, bad service or waiting for our room. The ride to Halcyon was about 1 1/2 hours, but there is another airport about 30 minutes away. We didn't mind the ride, because you got to see alot of St.Lucia. We are in our late 30's early 40's. We went to another Sandals Resort, but other than that we didn't go anywhere else. For us it was very relaxing just doing nothing all day, except going to the beach, the pool and swim up bars. There are things going on all day and night if you want to get involved. Hope this helps.

Illinois
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Halcyon November 2004

We had no problems at the Halcyon either. I think some people are a little full of themselves and expect an ultra-luxury resort like you see on the Travel Channel. If you want that you're going to pay much much more than Sandals costs. ;) If you go in with the attitude that these people are beneath you and they should bow down to your every whim, then you probably won't be treated well (or at least won't think you are). If you are polite and friendly and give them the respect they deserve, you will find that they are more than happy to do anything they can to make your stay enjoyable.

Someone mentioned in a recent review that Sandals is not ultra-exclusive. Well no kidding. They must have poor reading comprehension because Sandals never claims they are exclusive...they are ultra-INclusive.

I agree with the last post about the taxi ride. It is long, and crossing the island is an experience, but the views are fantastic! You'll get to see part of the Atlantic coast, little towns on hillsides, banana plantations, and beautiful mountains. Just take your Bonine and enjoy the scenery. :) And don't be shy about asking your taxi driver questions. They are usually very happy to talk about their home. :)

I think you'll love the Halcyon - the grounds are gorgeous and the rooms are comfy. Don't miss an evening at Sue's Piano Bar either - that was our favorite hangout.

I put this in my review from last March, but if you want to see some pictures, read our journal, or see a list of hints and tips, go to www.gryfalia.com/travels/st_lucia/index.htm

I can't wait to go back there again!