We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

st lucian rex resort

UK
Level Contributor
441 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
st lucian rex resort

We.re booked to stay at the st lucian by rex in May 2013 and our travel agent has just called us to advise that the Papillion part of the hotel is closing from 1 March 2013. Does anyone know how this will affect us if at all

Thanks

leeds
Level Contributor
364 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: st lucian rex resort

It's pretty much closed anyway , the only way it will affect you is you won't have another pool or a pool bar , to be honest your not missing anything as they were pretty run down.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,424 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: st lucian rex resort

My first question would be is there any building work going on at Papillon as it and the Rex share the same site. Otherwise it should not affect you.

UK
Level Contributor
441 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: st lucian rex resort

They say there is no building work definitely being carried out. Which pool do you mean not the big one night?

leeds
Level Contributor
364 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: st lucian rex resort

There's a pool at the St Lucian and a pool in the papillon grounds which is the bigger of the two with a swim up bar. I went to see a friend of mine who was staying at the Rex last year and went up to the papillon pool , pretty bad up there to be honest.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: st lucian rex resort

There are three Rex resorts next to one another:- Rex Royal, Rex St Lucian, and Papillon. I though that the Papillon had been closed for several years now, leaving only the other two functionning. Rex Royal is the more upmarket of the two. The only time I have stayed at Rex St Lucian was several years ago, and it was looking rather tired then. However, their location, with Reduit Beach on one side of the hotel, and the main strip of bars and restaurants the other side, is ideal.

leeds
Level Contributor
364 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: st lucian rex resort

The Rex st lucian has undergone some room improvements recently , the royal has been 90 per refurbished but is not all inclusive. All 3 hotels are owned by the same company but the royal is stand alone , guests from the Rex aren't allowed to use the facilities at the royal sunbeds , rondevals, pool etc, I've even seem people get moved from the swim up bar but they can drink in the pool bar which seems strange. I think the gym is chargeable if your a Rex guest and the spa is obviously chargeable.

Depends on the security some are very strict and some just let it go as there are notices everywhere, I think it also depends on how relaxed the guests are!.

I'm a live and let live guy but some of the older guests love to complain ..

7. Re: st lucian rex resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 26, 2014