We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charitable Donations

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Charitable Donations

I am writing to ask if anyone considering bringing charitable donations to St Lucia could bring down baby clothes. We have a number of very young ladies in town unable to afford new clothes for their babies, and not enough people passing them on. Need a new supply.

I am happy to collect them from whichever resort you may be staying at.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Charitable Donations

Big up, StLuciaDebs!

St. Lucia
Level Contributor
222 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charitable Donations

We are over in June so should be able to Help, I will ask if still needed and what you need before we come. We brought loads after the Hurricane.

montreal
Level Contributor
187 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charitable Donations

Hello, AMAZING!!! was just about to look for ideas for donations and to who? and Bammm!! here you are!! lol we have been coming to St. Lucia for a number of years now and decided its time we start giving back to this Beautiful paradise we would love to call home. :) we visit 3 or 4 times a year and would love to create some contacts.... If your out there P.M. us and we would love to get some ideas. we have visited Holy family childrens home in Ciceron. and will be going back there for another visit. in the near future....

thanks in advance for any help or advice! :)

Kathy.

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Charitable Donations

I have corresponded and met with some lovely people on Trip Advisor, and wish to thank all those generous supporters who have made contact / donations. The economy here is suffering as a result of the global economic downturn, and the gap between the haves and have nots has widened. What money there is in the economy is being used for essentials, like food, nappies and gas. There is a real need for basic necessities like clothing, school supplies etc. right now. Any donation, no matter how small can make a bid impact. Thank you.

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Charitable Donations

The first five ladies received some fantastic baby clothes dropped into my shop earlier this week....a HUGE thank you for the wonderful clothing left...it has gone to some worthy causes.

I am still looking for clothes for ages 6-12 months if anyone is considering bringing a donation.

Thank you guys!

UK
Level Contributor
442 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charitable Donations

We.re coming in may where would you like the donations dropped off do you have any need for boys age 4 or girls about 11 we gave lots to the bel air children home in grenada last year

Maryland
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Charitable Donations

Suggestions for something for the schools (we are out of the baby stage)?

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Charitable Donations

Boys age 4 and girls age 11, yes please. Happy to collect.

We also have a charity shop in vieux fort trying to raise funds to build a new home in the south of the island...it is doing very well selling second hand clothing - a new concept here where most clothing is passed on.

UK
Level Contributor
442 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Charitable Donations

If you give me your number then I.ll call you before we leave and bring and leave anything that would be useful

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,049 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Charitable Donations

School Supplies: pencils, colored pencisl, crayons, composition books, colored paper, art supplies, stickers, etc. Thank you.