We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Special All Inclusive for our 25th

Tweed, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a Special All Inclusive for our 25th

We will soon be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and would love to find a great all inclusive in St. Lucia. Our budget is $5000 for the two of us for the resort and we will then use air miles for our flight. We would like a beautiful beach, a small boutique resort with an upscale feel. I would ideally like a room that is right on the beach.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on places to look. I am also open to other islands as well.

Thanks

Tweed, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for a Special All Inclusive for our 25th

Thanks for all of the responses. I am leaning towards Sugar Beach and it looks like it will stretch our budget but I am still willing to consider it. I do not drink alcohol and my husband enjoys some cocktails but is not a heavy drinker. I love the carefree ease of an all inclusive but wonder if it is the best option at Sugar Beach given that I don't drink.

I would also be interested in recommendations on room location.

Thanks

Mary Joan

essex
Level Contributor
494 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for a Special All Inclusive for our 25th

I don't think they do BAD rooms ! Beautiful

Views at different angles from all rooms

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,026 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking for a Special All Inclusive for our 25th

There are no bad rooms at Sugar Beach. We like the Sugar Mill rooms for their location as they are nearest to the beach, restaurants and spas - no waiting on shuttles, etc. Not as great of views per se, but still beautiful. Others love the villas higher up on the hillside for a little more privacy and more dramitc views, but you do end up waiting ont he shuttles more.

If you don't drink and hubby enjoys an occasional cocktail, then the AI package is definitely not a good idea - why pay so much extra for things you won't be using? Maybe the MAP plan (breakfast.dinner, no drinks) would work better, as the breakfasts are quite large, otherwise, go room only and enjoy some of the other great dining options in the area.

Enjoy - you will love SB!!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Looking for a Special All Inclusive for our 25th

I am also an advocate of the Sugar Mill rooms as the location affords accessibility to everything and no need to use the shuttles. I also would suggest not doing AI. We don't drink a lot (maybe 4 drinks total a day that are alcohol). We did breakfast only plan and paid as we went along and found it reasonable as compared to the other options. Also allowed us to go to Boucan at Hotel Chocolat for dinner one night (highly recommend and I know reedprincess also loves it)

Edited: 6:25 pm, February 24, 2013
15. Re: Looking for a Special All Inclusive for our 25th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 26, 2014