We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saman House, Serendipity, Villla La Paloma, Stonefield...

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
751 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Saman House, Serendipity, Villla La Paloma, Stonefield...

First time visitor to St. Lucia for 50th birthday celebration in Feb. 2006. At least 4 couples coming and are desperately looking for any personal experience anyone has had with any of these Villas, or any other suggestions. We really don't care to stay at an all inclusive. ANY help is Greatly appreciated!

Iowa
Level Contributor
177 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saman House, Serendipity, Villla La Paloma, Stonefield...

I do not have any experience with those specific villas, but we rented a villa this past June, Les Chaudieres (check out thier website), that was fantastic - the views were beyond compare. I think for older couples in a group, villa rental is the way to go. St. Lucia has quite a few to choose from - many in the northern tip of the island- Cap Estate - which is closer to the nightlife, if you are interested in going out. There are also some in the Soufriere area - more lush and tropical - but not much going on at night.

We sat with our cook on the first day and made out a grocery list for meals for the week and once we did the shopping, she took care of the rest! We are not used to being waited on , but it sure was nice not to have to worry about meal preparation for a whole week- plus it gives you more time to drink! I think we probably saves quite a bit of money on food, to, as there were 9 of us.

Good luck to you- you've chosen a beautiful island!

Fairport, New York
Level Contributor
810 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saman House, Serendipity, Villla La Paloma, Stonefield...

were at stonefield 11/04. Very quiet and peaceful. It will be like camping since there are no glass windows or solid wood doors but the night critters make a nice sound. Stonefield has the plantation house which sleeps at least 4 and has a plunge pool with spectacular views. there is no night life to speak of but you can always go down to the hilton or up to landera.