We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Massage Therapists at Sandals Grande St Lucia

Calgary
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Massage Therapists at Sandals Grande St Lucia

So... I am wondering if anybody knows if the Massage Therapists at the Spa at Sandals Grande are Licenced? One year I travelled to Belize and was able to get my receipts stamped with Massage Therapists Licence Number and my benefit carrier reimbursed me... I want to see if that might be possible here so I can book more days at the spa.

I have sent note to hotel and still waiting on response, but wondered if anyone here knew?

thanks

North Dakota
Level Contributor
546 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Massage Therapists at Sandals Grande St Lucia

I know this doesn't answer your question, but if you like a deep tissue massage I would recommend Mary!

Calgary
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Massage Therapists at Sandals Grande St Lucia

Beachbum...

Thanks for the heads up. I will keep that in mind.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,049 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Massage Therapists at Sandals Grande St Lucia

Bon jou philbub,

All Massage Therapists are licensed to practice in St. Lucia (and, possibly, also in the UK, Canada, US, etc...) and hold liability insurance, whether personally or through their employer. Guaranteed.

This also applies to Physical Therapists, Yoga Teachers, Personal Trainers, etc...

Keep in mind, their number of years practicing and experience can vary.

Bless up! Paul

Edited: 5:46 pm, January 08, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Massage Therapists at Sandals Grande St Lucia

Yes they are licensed with a number.

When we were there in September, we just asked for a printed receipt with the therapists licence number on it and we submitted it to our insurance company, with no issues :)

Calgary
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Massage Therapists at Sandals Grande St Lucia

Taffi,

you have made my day. Now while my husband is off scuba diving... I am going to treat myself to a little pampering.

Take care,

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Massage Therapists at Sandals Grande St Lucia

Make sure your insurance co allows for out of country massage to be covered... Not all do, even if they are registered. Often if the receipt name indicates a resort, it will be denied.

7. Re: Question about Massage Therapists at Sandals Grande St Lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 23, 2014