We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harlequin hotels

Oxford
Level Contributor
268 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Harlequin hotels

Has anyone stayed at the Harlequin owned Marquise estate hotel in St Lucia.Have seen it on there website but nothing on trip advisor

bhp
UK
Level Contributor
402 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Harlequin hotels

The Marquis (sic) Estate does not exist (nor do any of the other Harlequin Resorts apart from Buccament Bay which is about 25% complete). What you see on their website is computer generated imagery which they have used very extensively to sell and promote their products. If this resort is developed to the same timescale as Buccament Bay part of it might be open in 2020 - but I wouldn't hold your breath.

For an insight into Harlequin's operation go to the St Vincent forum and search there where you will find a considerable volume of comment and links to other websites. Some of these are no longer active but the individual pages can still be seen while cached.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,552 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harlequin hotels

The Marquis Estate Resort does not exist - nor has any development begun on the resort (except for marketing!) There is a Harlequin property in Rodney Bay - a converted older Inn has been "refurbished" to be blu St. Lucia by Harlequin. It is on the strip in RB, across the street from Reduit Beach. Otherwise - no Harlequin properties and definitely not The Marquis Estate.

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harlequin hotels

The Blu Hotel is being advertised as a new resort in an advert by Bestattravel.com - 7 nights £799 for room only and £1299 for AI. Sounds a bit expensive if it is as you describe. In an advert from travelbag.com the Jalousie is being advertised from £1199 with free half board - now I wonder which I'd choose?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,552 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harlequin hotels

Yeah - Blu is not a new resort - it is the Village Inn and Spa refurbished - new paint and soft furnishings, etc. No real rennovations - larger rooms or structural changes, and if there were, it was very little. Mainly just soft furninshings, pool furnishings, decor, etc. Definitely not a new construction hotel. That is a whole, whole, whole lot expensive for AI at the hotel and location - it's at the end of the strip across from Bay Gardens Beach Resort- not even on the beach!

bhp
UK
Level Contributor
402 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Harlequin hotels

Meanwhile over in St Vincent you can get an AI room at Buccament Bay for only£400 more - probably less if you shop around. Harlequin's marketing and pricing are all over the place - don't book without properly researching the resorts and this company as so much is misleading.

Birmingham, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Harlequin hotels

Can I just add that I have twice stayed at buccament bay in st Vincent and its 100% COMPLETE!! Get ur facts right before becoming a trip advisor!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,552 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harlequin hotels

Interesting info KinKin84, considering the # of threads regarding the unfinished building works, claims of private jet service with planes not even bought yet, etc. While I have not been there - and have no intention of visiting this resort based on numerous negative reviews and threads on TA, along with the numerous legal investigations undergone by the developer, etc. there is no doubt that some people have visitied and had a good time - especially, it appears, those who have invested considerable funds in the resort.

That said - this thread is about a resort in St. Lucia - which is NOT a new resort or new construction in any way, shape or form, but rather is a re-furbished older resort in the Rodney Bay area - and also regarding the Marquis Estate- which as noted above, has absolutely nothing happening on it at all.

That said - you would be best off reporting on your stay at Buccament Bay with both a review and posts on the St. Vincent & The Grenadines board, as the Buccament Bay is located there, not in St. Lucia.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Harlequin hotels

I agree with Reedprincess that Kinkin is off topic but the ridiculous post needs a response.

If BB is 100% complete surely that would mean that all villas are open along with all the apartment blocks. It would also mean that all restaurants, reception and spa facilities are in their proper buildings and not in temporary villas. It would mean that the galleon would be at anchor in the completed marina...

Finally it would mean that every investor who had bought a unit there would be enjoying their 10% return.

Can you confirm that BB is 100% complete Kinkin?

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harlequin hotels

I for one am glad Marquis Estate has not been developed. From what I could tell, it would have destroyed much of the rainforest and created toxic run-off from the proposed golf courses, not mention the alterations to the natural water course. If St Lucia needs more resorts I believe eco-friendly resorts is the way to go so as to minimize demands on infrastructure and promote the pristine natural areas to the eco-tourist segment. Just my 2 cents worth.

Edited: 11:19 am, October 06, 2012
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harlequin hotels

Just wondered if anyone out there has any up to date information on what may (or may not) be happening at the Marquis Estate resort considering parts of it were due to be complete by the end of 2013.