We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best tour companies

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best tour companies

I am sure this has been discussed before, but aside from the taxi drivers who want to show you around can you list the names of the companies or their web sites that give tours? Also, how do I know that these random taxi drivers are not some scam artists who once I'm in their car wont rob me? Perhaps I've watched too much dateline..but this sort of thing just happened a few weeks ago in Mexico with Carnival Cruise vacationers.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,700 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best tour companies

Absolutely yes - too much Dateline!!! Taxi drivers that are licensed drivers by the government have a TX license plate. If the driver doesn not have a TX plate, then don't go with them - they are probably pirating the route from a licensed driver. Drivers here depend almost solely on tourist for the livelihood and are pretty much all honest and safe- just want you to have a good time and for them to get paid!! Buses have M license plates and vehicles for hire/rentals have H license plates. Sometimes hire vehicles are used by tour operators - that's ok.

There are scores of tour companies that offer all sorts of different tours. some specific companies include SPencer AMbrose, Cosol, Herod's, Son of Man, Joe Knows, Real St. Lucia tours, whatever company is used by your hotel/resort, etc. Tour organizing companies who find the tour and then place you with the tour include Serenity TVL and Barfoot Holidays. (these two are mainly not tour operators themselves, they are more like organizers or wholesalers - you tell them what you want and they find the operator - they do offer a few tours of their own, but for the main tours are with other operators)

I hope that helps put your mind at ease. do you feel the same way about taxis in other parts of the States -or elsewhere in the world? A scam artist could hit you anywhere - easy enough in New York City to take a tourist by the long route to get somewhere!!!! There is very little to any of that around here - drivers do want you to have a safe and enjoyable trip, spend your money and come back!!!!

Enjoy!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
213 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best tour companies

I recommend Serenity! We are in St. Lucia now and they have been fabulous!

Essex
Level Contributor
287 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best tour companies

We always use www.serenitytvl.com and will be doing so when we arrive on St Lucia tomorrow..We cant wait either.

Michigan
Level Contributor
733 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best tour companies

We were very impressed with Serenity. My review was just posted so check it out.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best tour companies

Thank you all so very much. And yes I feel that way about everything, not just taxis. My guard is always up (unfortunately).

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best tour companies

Real St.Lucia tours is the way to go...Hands down...I booked with them last year and I am again this year...Janus and crew are as professional as they get , you can read my write up on The Website...and honestly you can't beat the price!

http://realstluciatours.com/

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best tour companies

Interesting information from rp - I didn't realise that Serenity weren't actually tour operators but just agents who book you with other operators. That would probably explain why people mention the owner doing the airport pick-ups etc himself! Very clever marketing especially as I assume they make a profit on each tour they book for you - it will probably be cheaper to book direct with the tour operator yourself.

If it's just transfers and private island tours you want I recommend Ben's Concierge who's website is www.westcoastjeeps.com - excellent, safe and knowledgeable drivers. They have a fleet of vehicles for hire and a number of drivers - our driver was Dave.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,700 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best tour companies

Serenity is a more of a half and half. Their land tours are pretty much all run by themselves, where their sea and air tours are usually with other operators - they may do the transport portion to the airport or helicopter or marina, then you're with the operator. Depends on the tour.

Some of their tours crack me up as they are easier and less expensive to do on your own - but not everyone is that explorer minded - they want someone to take care of it for them. Serenity does that very well.

They are an excellent company with very god customer service - I would definitely put them at the top of the list for someone who wanted a more VIP experience.

Enjoy whichever company you choose!

heswall
Level Contributor
23 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best tour companies

we have just returned from a cruise that included st. lucia and we had a tour with cosol, one of our group arranged it via e.mails and he was very helpful especially as our group kept increasing.! he will take any number of people as he has different size vehicles and also you dont pay before the trip which was good.it was a great day fun and informative at the same time, we had soft drinks, beer and rum punch included and available all day and stops for bites to eat included ( very tasty they were too). although we have heard great reports from those who have actually been in cosols van, we had sylvia as our guide and she was lovely , and our driver was brilliant considering the roads are so winding. we want to go again as soon as possible and cosol is the tour we will use if thats any help.

Austin, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best tour companies

Just a quick note to Real St. Lucia Tours for their outstanding service on our transfer from the airport to our resort. Despite our delayed flight, our driver Ken was there waiting for us with a big smile and a chilled bottle of water! He was excellent, a very good driver and he gave us a mini 'guided tour' en route to our resort. A thoroughly enjoyable trip and extremely good value for money. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in highly recommending this company and their island expo tour realstluciatours.com/New_Expo_2013.html to anyone. Very Well done to our guide Ken, a credit to the Company! With Many Thanks.

Mary