We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soufriere water taxi

Wales
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Soufriere water taxi

Hi,

I'm planning a day trip from Rodney Bay to the Soufriere area by land taxi, taking in Tet Paul, botanical garden then down to the waterfront.

Can anyone tell me how easy it would be to take a water taxi round to Jalousie, then Anse Chasternet marine reserves for some snorkelling, and an idea of the cost.

Thanks in advance

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,170 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soufriere water taxi

From Soufriere waterfront you will have a choice of water taxis - cost will probably be about $40USD roundtrip - this is my estimate based on my experience - we paid $25USD to go from Anse Chastanet to Jalousie, then to Soufriere beach.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Soufriere water taxi

It is very easy to find a water taxi in Soufriere.

However, water taxis to "ply for hire" MUST be inspected, registered and licensed by the St. Lucia Air & Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA).

Buyer beware... an unlicensed boat may breakdown, your cruise can be cut short by the Ports Police and there's no insurance coverage in case of accident.

How to tell the difference? The SLASPA registration sticker is visibly mounted ON THE BOAT (not around the neck of the captain).

The rates quoted by gdbear65 are for an unlicensed water taxi.

Fernandina Beach...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soufriere water taxi

I want to get from Castries to Jalousie Plantation (Soufriere area) as quickly and as affordably as possible (and back again). I could depart Castries at 8am (April 5) and I have to be back for my cruise ship by 5pm. Of course I want to spend more time at Jalousie and less time in transit. Any suggestions how? And what companies to call to arrange it? I want to have it set up in advance so I don't have to sweat it - especially getting back before the cruise ship departs! Many thanks!!!

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Soufriere water taxi

Contact Cecilia at...

www.cjtransport.com

celia_127@hotmail.com

1 758 719 1416

She is an independent & enterprising land taxi owner/operator who will take (worry-free) care of you.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,940 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soufriere water taxi

firstDay - the fastest way to Soufriere/Jalousie beach would be by water - either water taxi or organized trip. It will not be cheap. A land taxi would run you more than $150US r/t for the day - a water taxi will cost more than that by a lot. Couldn't give you a quote as they are not regulated fares like land taxis.

you can find a list of water taxi providers here and contact them to try and arrange a trip: http://uptodatestlucia.com/search-all.php?keyword=water+taxi&category=&location=&location_text=&zip=&submit=Search

By land, it takes about 1.15 hours from the port in Castries to Jalousie beach. By land, it should take abuot 35-40 minutes.

you can also check the UpToDateStLucia site for info on land taxis also. Most drivers are happy to take you down and return you -they will kill time in town and return you to the ship ontime.

Enjoy your trip.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Soufriere water taxi

The cost per person, for different types of transport & tours, depends on the amount of passengers, the schedule & itinerary.

For example...

Spencer Ambrose's "Jalousie Beach Break" with fixed schedule & itinerary for 12 passengers costs USD 70/per person round-trip.

Israel King's water taxi to Soufriere with custom-made schedule & itinerary for 2 passengers costs USD 125/per person AND for 6 passengers USD 75/per person round-trip.

7. Re: Soufriere water taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, June 15, 2013