We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rentals while in St. Lucia

Alstead, NH
3 posts
Save Topic
Car rentals while in St. Lucia

Is it better to hire a private driver or to rent a car oneself? There are four of us -- mother, father and two adult daughters traveling to St. Lucia to celebrate youngest daughter's 50th birthday in April. What are the regulations regarding car rentals? Age requirements? (parents are over aged 65)

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car rentals while in St. Lucia

rnlemmler1, I suggest you check with your rental agency - in all likelihood they will have a driver for hire.

Edited: 2:42 pm, March 02, 2012
Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Car rentals while in St. Lucia

Bon jou definefitness,

We offer a thrilling water taxi cruise from Soufriere around The Pitons World Heritage Coast to the Gros Piton trailhead in Anse l'Ivrogne (St. Lucia's most beautiful beach) as part of our full-day total immersion Castaways Tour.

For more information please check out www.tributetothelion.blogspot.com

Bless up! Paul

Edited: 9:37 am, March 03, 2012
Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Car rentals while in St. Lucia

Bon jou rnlemmler1,

I can recommend experienced & knowledgeable driver's, of course!

Though you may arrange a fixed daily rate with a land taxi owner/operator with the type of vehicle you want to be driven in.

Where will you be based on island?

Bless up! Paul

westerville
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Car rentals while in St. Lucia

renting a car from a company with good back ground of good customer service. It was not a good experiance with me and a company that owned both guy's and fox car rentals in St Lucis. The cars were very unexceptable. I would have to write a book on my experiances with this compnay. they may be cheep in price on line but the fact of ruining my vacation due to the agrivation. not worth it.

Arica, Chile
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Car rentals while in St. Lucia

Hey Congo man...we are in St. Lucia now at Smugglers. Are you a driver with vehicle for hire?

Arica, Chile
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Car rentals while in St. Lucia

Hey Congo man .... I am in St. Lucia right now and wanting a driver for hire with vehicle. Interested?

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Car rentals while in St. Lucia

Bon jou Patty W, and welcome to St. Lucia!

InI a licensed boat captain, not a land taxi owner-operator.

Cecilia will take very good care of you...

758 719 1416

celia_127@hotmail.com

Bless up! Paul

Edited: 3:25 pm, December 13, 2013
Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
5 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Car rentals while in St. Lucia

Last month our rental company had a policy to not rent to over age 65. They tried to tell us it was an insurance prohibition. I believe that is incorrect.

Many roads are narrow. If you're not experienced driving on the left, with a right hand drive, take it easy and honk on blind corners. People are typically friendly although they won't necessarily move over.

Our drive with a hired driver from Soufriere to Castries was far scarier than what we did on our own. However, signage is limited. If venturing very far, get a good map and maybe a GPS.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
107 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Car rentals while in St. Lucia

Can someone recommend some rental car agencies?

There arent alot of recent posts regarding car rentals. I tried to contact Bens Westcoast Jeeps but I can't find their website. Are they out of business?

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Car rentals while in St. Lucia

Bon jou bythebeachla,

Try Cool Breeze... www.coolbreezecarrental.com

Or Drive-A-Matic... www.drivestlucia.com

Bless up! Paul