We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the departure tax NOW when leaving from St. Lucia?

Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What is the departure tax NOW when leaving from St. Lucia?

Hello, just wondering if anyone has been to St. Lucia recently, what was the departure tax in US dollars? Thanks.

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
477 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the departure tax NOW when leaving from St. Lucia?

It is $26.00 usd per person ($68 EC)

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the departure tax NOW when leaving from St. Lucia?

If you do a search in this forum you will find the answer to your question, as there have been several threads on this recently.

Basically, if you bought your tickets after Jan 1st 2008 there is no departure tax to pay.

Elkridge, Maryland
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the departure tax NOW when leaving from St. Lucia?

When we went to St.lucia in dec it was $26.00usd but I think for all tickets bought after Jan 1st departure tax is included in the ticket.

Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the departure tax NOW when leaving from St. Lucia?

YUNVI, THanks for your nice reply. I appreciate you giving me the info without a lecture about searching forums. I appreciate it.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the departure tax NOW when leaving from St. Lucia?

xujetfan

Posters such as yourself rely on a smaller number of regulars who answer a lot of questions.

Speaking personnally it gets frustrating seeing the same questions coming up a couple of weeks apart; and the danger is that the regulars think that it is not worth replying to the same old questions.

That is why I recommend people to try to help themselves first by doing some simple research; and then if you can't find the answer, post the question.

Staffordshire, UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the departure tax NOW when leaving from St. Lucia?

Luckily this site relys on friendly people answering questions to help others.

If members feel that questions are re-curring & find it frustrating, then perhaps they should ignore those questions & leave them for the many others who are only to happy to answer recurring questions.

thankyou to those who have answered this question, i have been keeping a close watch on this forum for the last 6mths & I didnt know that the departure tax is now included in the ticket.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the departure tax NOW when leaving from St. Lucia?

"i have been keeping a close watch on this forum for the last 6mths & I didnt know that the departure tax is now included in the ticket."

Obviously not a very close eye, because you have missed two threads on it in the two months, one on February 20th, and one on Jan 24th

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147343-i282-k1754…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147342-i247-k1686…

chicago,IL
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the departure tax NOW when leaving from St. Lucia?

M'excuser! This website is for helping others. If you do not want to help then move on. I feel your post was rude and not only that you did not even help! You actually went out of your way to be rude when you could have just answered the question or ignored it. I am sure you have asked a question on this website that was asked before. To think that is not the case would be just ignorant. You don't want to be viewed as that do you? You are a perfect example of why some have stereotyped the French to be rude.

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,389 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the departure tax NOW when leaving from St. Lucia?

At times, I find it helpful to gather info. from the wolf then from false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing.

Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the departure tax NOW when leaving from St. Lucia?

SunloverFrance,

I stated in my question that I wanted RECENT info, (Not old posts where I have no clue when the traveler left STLucia) I had checked the forum before and knew that at one point it was $26 US. I now know that it has not gone up in price and have peace of mind and my bags are packed. Everybody who has posted Info on here, I THANK YOU TONS, because 90% of my questions were answered by reading those and I did not have to post questions about it.