We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stonefield or Ti Kaye?

New York
2 posts
Save Topic
Stonefield or Ti Kaye?

My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon in St. Lucia and can't decide between these two resorts. Has anyone visited either or have any advice to offer? It seems both have lots of positive reviews but a few negatives that are of concern to us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Fairport, New York
Level Contributor
793 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stonefield or Ti Kaye?

Just got back from 7 nights at Stonefield. It was great! But you have to know what you are getting into. The villas are open air, meaining that there are no glass windows, solid wood doors or AC. This was not a problem for us since it allows you to experience the atmosphere of the critter noises at night. Lack of AC was not an issue nor were the bugs while we were there early Nov 2004. I would suggest a villa with a plunge pool, we upgraded to this and it was worth the extra $60/night.Either Fragapinni (w/plunge pool) or Jacaranda (without) will give you the best views and privacy. We stayed in Raintree and had very minor issues with car noise, etc since it is closet to road/parking and Mango Tree.No beach on site since you are in the mountains but a short steep, curving ride takes you to the Hilton beach.Have not been to the other resort.

Remington, Indiana
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stonefield or Ti Kaye?

We also considered both places and ended up going to Ti-Kaye. We enjoyed our plunge pool and the room does have a small AC unit that we used to cool the room down in the evening. The french doors have glass, so you can see the patio/ocean view open or closed. No screens, but net over and around bed. Tikaye does have a small fridge in the room, but no kitchenette. The meals were very good there. We only got the supper plan. So had the large breakfasts, a snack at lunch, then enjoyed the large suppers. It was still too much food for me to eat. It was nice to have the freedom to walk to the beach. The water is so warm and inviting. We could snorkel or kayak or laze out and watch the boat people.

I'm sure that you will enjoy staying at either place!