We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Lucia's best resort beach

Michigan
3 posts
Save Topic
St. Lucia's best resort beach

We're planning a trip to St. Lucia in the spring and, like many, enjoy spending most of our time on a nice beach. Which resorts have the nicest beaches from your experiences? We are leaning towards all-inclusive.

We've spent vacations in Antigua (Pineapple Beach) and Turks and Caicos (Royal West Indies). Maybe some of you could compare to their beaches.

Thanks.

Wilmington, DE
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Lucia's best resort beach

My husband and I just came back from St. Lucia. We checked a couple of resorts while we were there, and I think the best all-inclusive is the Sandals Grande. The location is amazing. St Lucia beach sand is not white, so it's not as pretty as some other caribbean beaches though. We did not like any other resorts in the north of the island. The resort beaches may be nice, but the entrance of all of them were very shady looking. We did not like Marigot Bay accommodations either, because the bay is polluted with the wastes from all the boats docked in the bay. The Ti Kaye village located in the middle of the island looked very nice and has #2 rating in St Lucia. It is not an all-inclusive resort, but they have packages that cover a lot of things. This resort, however, is very isolated. You will have to drive quite a bit to get to any place, and the driving is aweful in the middle to south of the island.

PLS
Virginia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Lucia's best resort beach

J.D. We were looking at St James at Morgan Bay for a Jan 05 vacation, but after reading several reviews mentioning the "murky" water we changed our plans and are going to Antigua (Grand Pineapple). How did you like your vacation there? Pretty water and that beautiful Azure blue water are bigs parts of a Caribbean vacation to me (enjoyed the last two vacations on Aruba). I've learned to ignore one or two negative reviews (some people complain about anything and everything) but mention of the not-so-clear water was often enough to make be a little leary of St Lucia. However, the rainforests and mountains, etc., are so beautiful I'll be anxious to see what kind of replies you get. Perhaps the tides, etc., keep the water stirred up near Morgan Bay and that may not be the case on other areas of the island. I'll be watching for any replies.

Castries, St.Lucia
Level Contributor
508 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Lucia's best resort beach

Comment on "murky" water. Any hilly or mountainous island in the Caribbean is going to have murky water after rain due to run off, naturally. But it usually only last a day or so then its back to clear. However the St.James is on a big flat bay with comparatively little clearing action so it does tend to get more dirty than others. But the hotels in the Rodney Bay area and around Soufriere are usually very clear..I know because my wife and I dive near to them almost every week. For really clear water you have to go to a flat island like Barbados or Anguilla.