We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife

London, OH
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Nightlife

We're staying at the Hilton for our honeymoon and I know there's not much of a nightlife in that area. But, not much means that there might be something....something? :) At the nearby hotels or in Soufriere?

If you know of anything, please let me know. If there's even just something small every Tuesday, we want to make sure we don't miss it.

Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife

The jump-up friday nights are by far the best times in st. lucia. I was there last year and can't wait to go back this year. Tons of food and drinks for very cheap prices. Everyone dances on the streets. Live bands etc. It's awesome!

I know there is one in Gros Islet but that is pretty far from where you are staying. I am pretty sure there is another jump-up (a little smaller) closer to where you'll be.

You really shouldn't miss it!

christine

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife

Here is a tentative schedule of nightly entertainment at the Hilton and nearby.

http://www.stlucia.org/activity/nightlife.asp

"Bang" on the beach, a locals place, next to the Pier Restaurant at the Jalousie. They do not advertise, but have a Wednesday Night Caribbean party. Set price p/p for food and drinks, probably around $30/35 p/p. Reservations are recommended.

Friday night, is the Anse La Raye fish fry. A milder version of the Gros Islet jump up party.

heritagetoursstlucia.com/anse_la_raye_tour.h…

Don't hesitate to ask around if there are others or a group set up to go to the Anse La Raye fish fry. Taxi's can get very costly going on your own.

We shared a many water taxi rides with others to get where we needed or wanted to go. You share the cost also. At night you will need to go by land taxi.

Donna

London, OH
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife

thank you both. :)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife

Jump up is fun--we were just there in March. There is also a fun drinks hour and dinner up at Ladera on Monday nights. The view is spectacular and lots of interesting people...