We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions about Coconut Bay

georgia
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
questions about Coconut Bay

Going to Coconut Bay April 30th - prepared for the worst but hopeful for the best. Looks like more positive reports are finally coming in!!!! If you have been recently can you give me an update on the following concerns?????????????

Does anyone know about snorkeling trips or other excursions from CBR? Has the resort done anything about increasing the amount of shade? Is there anywhere nearby to purchase local crafts/art? Also what about the rumors that the bars don't have blenders - what would a tropical vacation be without my frozen tropical drinks with fruit slices???????

Thanks for any updates......

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: questions about Coconut Bay

Hello Ginger & Me,

We are going May 13th for 5 days and I've done extensive research on this resort. The following thing I know for sure b/c I've talked to the resort manager via email:

Bring your own Snorkeling gear, as of now they don't have inventory of it. Maybe by the time you go there they will have it ready. But if I were you and I really wanted to Snorkeling then I'd investing in buying the equipment before I go. I heard they are pretty cheap and will come in handy later on

There are no shades nor there will be any near the pool area. They are going to wait on the landscape to grow and create shades or something like that. Hopefully they change their minds after enough complaints from the clients

The following I am guessing on:

The loca arts/crafts shops should be around the airport since the resort is a 10 min drive from it. I think you might be okay there and find things or you can make a trip to the western regions of Soufrier and Castries to check out some. It's about a 45 min drive on a brand new highway they have constructed about couple of months back.

I am hoping that the bars will have the blenders. You are right, it doesn't make sense to have a tropical resort w/o tropical drinks. Let's hope for the best.

Enjoy your stay and please write a review as soon as you get back and let us know how it was.

georgia
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: questions about Coconut Bay

Thanks MPARIKH for the information.

I have emailed CBR twice with no response - I hope that is not an indicator of their service while at the resort!!!!

I will post a review as soon as we return.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: questions about Coconut Bay

I was there April 3-10. They do have blenders but did not have any fruit or other condiments, or top shelf liquor when we were there. It sounds like things are improvingthough. The shade is not a problem but will be in the futrue when the resort is full. THe resort is fairly isolated and there is little shopping in the immediately area ,we went to Castries to shop. Excursions are limited, I think you can take a snorkeling trip and some Island tours by taxi. It sounds like most people got a really good deal on room rates, we did not. Had a good time but didn't feel like we got what we paid for. Will be a great resort when fully up and running. Have fun