We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach in St Lucia

Essex, England
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best beach in St Lucia

I have looked at various photos of differernt beaches and the best one I have found so far is Reduit. Is this the best beach?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach in St Lucia

It is hard to answer your question because "best beach" is such a subjective assessment.

Reduit Beach, like many of the other beaches in St. Lucia, has light gold sand. I liked it because it is a fairly long stretch of beach, and it also has several restaurants and bars along it if you want to eat or drink somewhere.

If you are looking for a white sand beach, I believe that the beach at the Jalouise Plantation is the only one (it has imported sand).

Some other beaches have darker "black" sand. Some people like that and others don't.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach in St Lucia

Many thanks. I have heard that a lot of the sand is dark but obviously due to St Lucia being a volcanic island. It sounds like Reduit beach is a safe bet then.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach in St Lucia

I think that as long as you go understanding that St. Lucia does not have the typical Caribbean long, white sand, turquoise water beach/water setting, you will like Reduit Beach. I remember reading many posts before I went on my trip from people who were disappointed with the beaches in St. Lucia, but I think it was partially due to them not understanding that St. Lucia is a volcanic island and has a different type of beach. I found the beaches to be very pretty with the mountainous, lush backdrops.

Enjoy your trip!

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach in St Lucia

For white sand and a Caribbean feel, Reduit Beach or JALOUSIE Beach are both good. Jalousie beach has good snorkelling and a wonderful view of the Pitons. You will get some hassle on Reduit Beach from people trying to sell you things but a polite no usually is ok.

Cas en Bas and Lavoutte Beach are very natural with good shade on the beach. The sand is more volcanic and the track their is rough so access is more difficult. A real "get away from it all feel though".

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beach in St Lucia

Forget Morgan Bay. Its known locally as Choc Bay for good reason....its brown water...

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beach in St Lucia

Didn't know that about Choc bay ,very apt! the terms best beach & St.Lucia don't really sit that well together.Never really found what I was looking for- anything close was imported, similar comments apply to Grenada.

Clinton, IA
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beach in St Lucia

So what is Reduit Beach close to? We will be staying at Sandals's Grande and Sandal's Regency week of May 14th? How far is it from those resorts?

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beach in St Lucia

Sandals Grande is on the Pigeon Island Causeway which is an extension of Reduit Beach so you are very near it!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best beach in St Lucia

IMO, it's a huge mistake to visit St. Lucia, and not spend at least one afternoon on Jalousie Beach, right in-between the Pitons...we have been all over the Caribbean, and any old island has a beach...the Pitons make St. Lucia worth visiting...more than once. Anyone want to back me up on this thought?

10. Re: Best beach in St Lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 30, 2009