We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wimco villas, st. barts

Which Gustavia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ct
4 posts
Save Topic
wimco villas, st. barts

Any suggestions for a one bedroom villa in Feb., 2010? I would appreciate any reviews of villas that have been rented.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wimco villas, st. barts

Hi Oak Tree,

It would be helpful if you provided a budget. There are literally 100s of villas on St Barth in a wide variety of price points. It makes no sense to recommend a simple cottage if you have a Taj Mahal budget :)

Why WIMCO? They are a very reliable agency but I would not limit my search to just one company. We have used St Barth Properties, Marla and French Caribbean Int'l as well as WIMCO. More choice with more agencies.

Did you know that you can usually rent a mulit-bedroom villas for a one-bedroom price. You DO NOT share the villa.

Since you are looking for February, which is high season and just around the corner, I would suggest you contact the agencies for availability in your price range, look them over online and then come back with a "short list" of ones you like.

One final note...I have found the villa agencies to be very honest in their descriptions of villas. They have a wealth of info and can answer most questions. They have a vested interest in getting you in a villa you like, and all have on-island agents (FCI uses local companies) if you have any problems.

Villa "shopping" is one of my favorite parts of planning a trip to St. Barth. Have fun!

ct
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wimco villas, st. barts

We are going with WIMCO because we won the trip and they are providing the villa. The budget is under $4,000. We thought we had a reservation at MAG, but due to the agent's error the booking was done in error. We now have to start all over for 2/6-2/13. We already have the flight.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wimco villas, st. barts

Hi Oak,

You say your minimum is under $4000 but MAG lists for $4900 in high. I think you should be negotiating the price limit, especially if someone messed up your reservation. Also, its getting close to your dates so places not rented will be willing to deal.

If you are stuck under $4000 I only see 3 available, and am not personally familiar with any of them. Here are my thoughts from the website:

ARA- St Jean is a good location for a new visitor as it is very convenient, This villa is private and the pool is lovely. No view, though.

COL- Point Milou has amazing views (sunset) and it is near the entrance so pretty convenient location. Least favorite of the 3 in terms of aesthetics.

PAY- Vitet is the most remote of the 3. It will take you about 15 minutes to get to Gustavia. Usually the pay-off is amazing views but I don't see this in the pics. However, I love the look of the decor.

I hope this helps. Again, don't be afraid to go back to WIMCO for a more expensive villa. Its better they get something for a place rather than it sitting empty.

Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS on your win!!

Edited: 8:10 pm, January 05, 2010
ct
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: wimco villas, st. barts

The agent has arranged for us to stay at Villa MAK. Do you know anything about it? We did not get a choice because of the lateness of the date.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wimco villas, st. barts

Don't know anything about it firsthand, but it looks beautiful. Additionally, you have the best of both world, a beautiful sunny pool and walking distance to St Jean Beach. The location is great for a first timer, it is convenient to the shops and restaurants of St Jean.

Have a great trip!

ct
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: wimco villas, st. barts

Thanks for letting me know about the location. It helps.

7. Re: wimco villas, st. barts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 08, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Gustavia