We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hey folks! Where am I eating in 2 weeks?

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hey folks! Where am I eating in 2 weeks?

We are going to stay for a week on our honeymoon. Can anybody please give some good recommendations for lunches and dinners? Also, if you know anywhere to hear live music (whatever it may be), we would really appreciate it. Thank you!

1. Re: Hey folks! Where am I eating in 2 weeks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:30 pm, March 17, 2013
Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hey folks! Where am I eating in 2 weeks?

When are you coming? May affect recommendations due to closures in low season. Also budget and any food preferences will help us guide you.

Also, have you searched the forum at all? Lots of restaurant recs, many recent.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hey folks! Where am I eating in 2 weeks?

May 25-April 1. During the Regatta. I have been searching, but most of these threads are for people coming out of season or staying for 1 night, which is not the case for us.

Hook it up, mamie.

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hey folks! Where am I eating in 2 weeks?

RE: live music....every night at BAZ bar in Gustavia. Check out the local News, it's a small paper available every day in almost every resto, bakery, grocery, etc. It will have daily updates as to what's going on that night, and in the next couple of days. Other places that regularly have music (especially on the weekend) include Do Brazil (shell beach), Ti Zouk (Gustavia), La Plage, DJ or live (St. Jean), Nikki Beach, DJ (St. Jean), Le Select , rare, (Gustavia), B

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
622 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hey folks! Where am I eating in 2 weeks?

Eddy's, Maya's, Wall House, Bagatelle (all in Gustavia,) Le Ti. St. Barth's in Pointe Milou, and for a casual dinner-Andy's Hideaway in St. Jean. BAZ and Victoria (Hotel Carl Gustav) in Gustavia have some live music.

Very St. Barth's thing to do is the long boozy lunch. I like Nikki Beach on St. Jean beach, but others like La Plage and Eden Rock-also on St. Jean beach.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,022 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hey folks! Where am I eating in 2 weeks?

Go to Andy's for pizza and the Wall House for a stunning dinner. Do Brazil for a beachy lunch. Le Ti for a little dancing on the tables.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hey folks! Where am I eating in 2 weeks?

OK, back from a weekend getaway and ready to give you some recs. Note that my most recent trip was in late January/early February so this is pretty current. These are in order of my preference but all are great choices.

High End-

L'Esprit de Saline is doing some of the best high end dining right now. Romantic setting and wonderful food.

Le Gaiac at Le Toiny is another favorite for high end dinning, newly remodeled.

Maya's is classic St Barth, probably the most famous restaurant on the island, simple food with great flair and beautiful setting on the water in Corossol (not Gustavia as noted above.)

Isola is wonderful Italian food but the vibe is much more NYC so not a must-do for a first-timer. Also all indoors so you don't get the island feel.

Mid Range-

Santa Fe is great for both lunch and dinner. In fact, we prefer lunch for the amazing views over Gouverneur Beach. Classic French, great host.

Wall House is very popular (they even had a Trip Advisor placard on the host stand!) Great food, reasonable pre fixe menus and a great lunch deal (check Le News daily to see what they offer.) Also on the water, but in Gustavia, so you can enjoy a walk around the quay and drinks before/after.

Less Expensive-

Many people love Andy's and we have always had a good time there (usually with a group) but its not my favorite food personally. L'Entracte is similar, also in Gustavia and has a very local/French vibe. Note you may run into smokers here, they allow it even though its technically illegal.

Ti Zouk is also a very local place for creole and pizza in Gustavia. Last time we were there we sat by a table of off duty gendarmes (police.) They sometimes have live Zouk music.

Inexpensive (by SBH standards)-

A burger and frites at Le Select is classic St Barth. This is a local watering hole with a Jimmy Buffet conncetion (no, its NOT the inspiration for "cheeseburger in paradise" but JB lets the owner use that slogan.)

Le Creperie is a wonderful place for lunch or a light dinner. Besides many different crepes, they have wonderful salads and ice cream. You can also go just for dessert...get the caramel crepe!

If you are getting a villa and want to eat in one night, there is a fabulous little pizza place in Corossol called La Santoise. Also Le Bouchon in Lorient has good take away.

For breakfasts you will want to visit the islands patisseries/bakeries. They are all good, so find the one nearest your villa or hotel. You can also pick up great snacks or a picnic lunch for the beach.

I second ackbyrds' long boozy lunch suggestion (and love calling it that LOL!) To Nikki and La Plage I would add Gloriette in Grand Cul de Sac. The beach isn't as nice for swimming but its very picturesque and its fun to watch the wind surfers. Also Le Grain de Sel after a morning at beautiful Saline beach.

Binti covered the music scene but I would add Le Tamarin, newly opened by Carol of Le Ti (the table dancing place.) When we were there in January she had live music and DJs on different nights.

Since you are there for the Bucket, you will find lots of fun parties and probably plenty of live music. I think there might be concerts on the quay. As recommended above, check Le News and The St Barth Weekly to get info on different events. You will have a wonderful time!

Edited: 10:07 pm, March 17, 2013
Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hey folks! Where am I eating in 2 weeks?

Fantastic mamie. Thank you so much for the thoughtful response. I will surely pay it forward.

9. Re: Hey folks! Where am I eating in 2 weeks?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:35 pm, March 29, 2013
10. Re: Hey folks! Where am I eating in 2 weeks?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 21, 2014