We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a few questions

north carolina
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
a few questions

my wife and I are renting in march "Villa Agung." has anyone stayed there? feed back would be helpful. Is a 4x4 recommended / necessary for sight seeing or is a regular car or even a buggy fine. We will need transportation back to St Maarten on the day we leave but the express ferry leaves 9am our flight isnt until 4 pm. Any other later options?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a few questions

I do not know that villa, but generally any car will do on the island. The roads are rough, but paved. You could fly to St. Maarten and arrive whenever you'd like. The airline we like best is Winn Air. They are very dependable. They could recommend how much time you will need in St. Maarten to check in and go through immigration, etc.

New York, NY
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: a few questions

In high season/on a busy day, you should leave yourselves two hours for the connection at SXM (flying is much, much better -- and often more reliable -- than the ferry, but the lines at the checkin counter can be horrible depending on which return flight you are taking, the time of year, etc.). Winair has the most flights. So, for a 4pm flight out of SXM, a 1:45 flight from SBH should leave plenty of time.

Washington
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: a few questions

There is a commuter flight you can take. Try asking your questions on sbhonline.com as it is solely about St. Barts and has a villa forum as well.