We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any advice appreciated

Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any advice appreciated

Hello. We are looking for a secluded beach resort for our honeymoon. Aren't looking for a big social seen, just a beautiful place to be alone. Looking for beautiful beach and room, hopefully with special features such as private hot tub/pool, outside garden shower, etc and PRIVACY. Not sure which is best: Caribbean, Australia, Mexico, Hawaii. We are open to locale. Any information would be appreciated.

Chicago...
Level Contributor
831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Any advice appreciated

If this is your first trip, the issue to be aware of with La Toiny is the location. It is at the far end of the island. Although drives are actually relatively short (45 minutes from Flammands to La Toiny), the cliffs make it seem longer. We actually timed the drive from Flammands to St. Jean one day. We would have guessed 20-25 minute. It really took about 8 minutes.

That being said, La Toiny is an amazing place. Comparing it to a villa is difficult, as it depends on the villa. It would be very difficult for a villa to match it though.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Any advice appreciated

I see that no one replied to this and I am not sure if you went to St Barth already but in case you have not...

La Toiny is really really really nice and definitely lux. We have never stayed there but have been there for dinner and talked to several couples who have stayed there. On the advice of friends we have always rented a villa and have never been dissatisfied. To address luxury directly since that was your question, I would likely go with La Toiny unless you rent a really over the top villa. That said though, most villas are really very posh and given the other things you mentioned, like privacy, I would go with a villa that mentioned ‘total privacy’ in the remarks.

santa barbara
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Any advice appreciated

If it is your first time to St Barths

I recemmend not staying at Toiny as you are not on a beach, and that beach is not the safest to swim because of the currents.

You will waste time driving to town and other much better beaches.

Also Toiny sea is very rough, only surfers go there. It is not the turquise blue waters you will find on the rest of the island.

ALso, Anse des Cayes in not great either. The area is bleak and not great beaches.

Chicago, IL
5 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Any advice appreciated

We spent our honeymoon in a villa on St. Bart's and it was completely magical -- well worth the splurge. If you want total privacy, you'll do best with a villa. But if you'd prefer to be waited on, a hotel might be a better choice.

Either way, you'll never want to leave -- it's truly an incredible place!

USA
8 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Any advice appreciated

At Le Toiny the rates for a one bedroom villa are E750/night in the off season (E5,250/week) and E1,500/night for the villa in high season (E10,500/week). These prices are not in USD so with the present Euro/Dollar differential, add on about 20% extra to figure the final damages in USD.

Nothing is cheap in St. Bart but you could get a beautiful villa for these prices. In fact for substantially less money you could get your own spectacular villa with killer views and all the privacy in the world.

Finally, in St. Bart is is not necessary to stay on a beach. It is better to stay in the hills for the better views and more privacy.