We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Starting to Research - Any tips?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
65 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Just Starting to Research - Any tips?

I've just now stumbled upon this little gem that appears to be Montserrat and I want to go tomorrow. I've begun research for a girls trip (two professionals, mid-30s) and am just looking to relax and experience some old world charm - away from the hustle and bustle of commercial living.

Are there any tips for things to do, see, stay? Since we are single ladies we would like to be somewhat close to bars/restaurants. Just to clarify, we are NOT looking for some wild party spring break type of vacation. More like a relaxing, belly up to the local watering hole with a beer and share good conversation vacation.

We do not mind a little walk, and have no problem renting a car either, but I'm not sure which would be best. We see ourselves hiking and exploring or taking a break on the beach with a beverage by day. And continuing to relax and enjoy the Montserrat atmosphere at night.

Any pointers for a first-timer would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
192 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Just Starting to Research - Any tips?

Irishautumn, you are going to love Gingerbread Hill! We just returned from a week in the villa. I could have stayed on the veranda forever. I would recommend closing the front door because one evening we came home to find a big crab under our refrigerator. It was quite comical.

We did the island tour with Sunny our first day there. It is an all day tour, and it was a nice way to get a feel for the layout of the island and hear about life in Montserrat before and after the volcano. He drove us all over - to Jack Boy Hill, the observatory, past all of the beaches, and into the daytime entry zone (be sure to visit the Montserrat Springs hotel). It was an all day tour and definitely worth the money.

I would also recommend the boat tour with Emmy from Scuba Montserrat. We were a little unsure about the small boat at first, but it was perfect for viewing Plymouth. I had watched a lot of Plymouth boat tour videos before we went, and we were able to get closer and stay longer than any videos I've seen.

We only went out to eat twice, once to Tina's and once to Olveston house for pub night. Both had great vegetarian and seafood options.

22. Re: Just Starting to Research - Any tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Montserrat