We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English Menus

Chappaqua, New York
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
English Menus

Cruising for the day (rock in FDF) and looking for a nice restaurant for lunch. I do not speak french and am concerned about finding a restaurant with a menu available in English. I see lots of posts in english from travelers who frequented restaurant but no comments on the menus? I don't want to assume I can't get one, especially in the port area of FDF.

Mentioned in this post
The Yellow
$$$$, French, Caribbean, European
LA LUCIOLE
$$ - $$$, French, Caribbean
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
135 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English Menus

I highly recommend you check out the Google iTranslate app for your mobile phone. I have it on my Samsung S7 so not sure if it works on iPhone but I can simply point the camera lens at a menu, road sign, or product in store/grocery store and it translates it before your eyes. It really is amazing. Works to/from many languages including French, English, Spanish, etc. Also does voice and text translation. We used it extensively. Walk in to a supermarket in a foreign country, not sure of the contents of the product? Just start the app and aim it at the product label. Unsure of a menu? Street sign? It works amazingly well. Sorry for the google advertisement but we've found this to be an invaluable travel tool.

2. Re: English Menus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 08, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Fort-de-France