We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Martinique or Guadeloupe

Ottawa, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
Martinique or Guadeloupe

Hello, i'm looking for the following and a bit about me:

Single woman 40s. Want a gorgeous beach with beautiful sand, snorkling. I've been to St.Kitts, St.Martin, USVI, Anguilla. My fav so far is Grand Case St.Martin (stayed there many times).

I do not drive so I would like to be close (by taxi) to restaurants, shopping (food, not much for the rest). Something village like perhaps?

Are there beaches with beach bars in either?

Thanks so much :)

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,787 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Martinique or Guadeloupe

Pointe Noire in Guadeloupe (Cousteau's first area and now a national underwater park bearing his name) seems to come closest. Does not have the best sand near the snorkel areas, for that you'd have to go 1-2 km to the north, but for the rest fits all criteria.

The other main beaches are on Grande-Terre, e.g. Gosier and St. Anne, but they are not snorkel areas (Atlantic side). Maybe a combi-holiday within the island?

Martinique just seems a little less suitable in these respects though it too has all ingredients, each at one of the beaches...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: Martinique or Guadeloupe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, July 10, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Fort-de-France