We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reccommendations for taxi drivers to fajardo

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Litchfield...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
reccommendations for taxi drivers to fajardo

our flight arrives at 10:15 in San Juan and the ferry to Vieques leaves Fajardo at 1 p.m. am I crazy to think that we can make it there in time? How much time does it take, and does anyone know any reliable drivers I can book ahead of time?

-kel

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: reccommendations for taxi drivers to fajardo

It takes approximately one hour from the airport to the ferry terminal, henceforth, you should leave the airport not later than 11:30 PM. Make sure you purchase your tickets online.

If this doesn´t work, take the last ferry or fly to Vieques from San Juan or Fajardo.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,044 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reccommendations for taxi drivers to fajardo

You will be pushing it. Figure your flight will be late. It will take you a half hour to get your bags Etc. You might just make it. But have an alternate plan. With bad luck the ferry will leave early rather than late.

Newland, North...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reccommendations for taxi drivers to fajardo

It does take about an hour to get from the airport in San Juan to the ferry in Fajardo. My husband's mother lives in Vieques, so we visit as often as possible. We also only take carry on luggage, so we don't have to wait at baggage claim - saves a lot of time.

In September of 2006 and again in January of this year, we used a wonderful taxi service that I found on the internet. The contact person is Ilca Rivera. She and her husband, Jose, own the service. She speaks perfect English, is very helpful, reliable, and I highly recommend her. It really helps to have your taxi lined up before you go. Her email address is: Jose Padin" <vconpadin_04@hotmail.com>, and her cell phone # is 1-787-644-3091. I usually corresond via email prior to arriving (i.e. rates, flight #'s and arrival time), and then talk to her on her cell from the airport. We are going again in July, and we absolutely love the island - very relaxing.

Good Luck! Hope you have a great time!

4. Re: reccommendations for taxi drivers to fajardo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, August 18, 2009