We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas and Vieques

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
2 posts
Save Topic
christmas and Vieques

me and my wife are planning to be in Vieques Dec 24th and 25th. We were planning to the ferry across to the island and looking for a place to stay (obv within reasonable $ range). We came across this http://www.alasdelcocoloco.com/index.html and looks like the rates are around 95 per day. Its located on 14 Hucar Street, in Esperanza. from the website --- "It's a big white house with Pink trim. Same street as the big rock with the writing on it!"

Had a few questions:

1. Is this place close to where the ferry drops you off

2. Is Esperanza closer to the ferry than the other towns

3. Is this is a reasonable price for a bargain hunter or do you think I might be able to get a better deal.

4. Has anyone stayed here before and have any +, -ve comments?

I am going to call them but looks like the folks on this forum are very helpful and obv knowledgable about the island.

Mechanicsburg...
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: christmas and Vieques

--1. Is this place close to where the ferry drops you off

NO, it is on the opposite side of the island. It will be a $20 publico (taxi minibus) ride from the ferry.

--2. Is Esperanza closer to the ferry than the other towns

There are two major towns, Isabella and Esperanza. Isabella is where the ferry drops you off. A little bit bigger then Esperanza. However Esperanza has a small beach, and Sun Bay which you can walk to both. No walkable beaches in Isabella. Both have walkable restaurants. If it was me, Esperanza, more to do and walk to within the short time you're there.

3. Is this is a reasonable price for a bargain hunter or do you think I might be able to get a better deal.

--Anything under $100 per night, for a holiday....sounds like a bargain to me....if you can find a place with availability.

4. Has anyone stayed here before and have any +, -ve comments?

I am going to call them but looks like the folks on this forum are very helpful and obv knowledgable about the island.

--good luck. I've stayed at Jaime's Escondite, the owners are awesome people. Many of recommendations on this forum if you search.

good luck....

Vieques
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: christmas and Vieques

The ferry dock is located in Isabella II. Esperaza is located on the other side of the island. A 15 minute taxi (publico) ride. Cost, $3 to $5 per person.

I do not have any information on this place but you will be able to find other reasonable modest accomadations in Esperanza for about $75 plus tax. Depends on what you are looking for. Check these web sites:

www.vieques-island.com

www.enchanted-isle.com

www.isla-vieques.com

This is are in season so you need to act fast.

atlanta
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: christmas and Vieques

thanks for taking time out of your day to reply.. very helpful information

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: christmas and Vieques

Hi !! I agree 100% with the info given to you by Zezaa. Also agree that Christmas time in Vieques is very busy and a lot of tourists visit this beautiful Island at this time. Recommendation; Move fast !

Happy Holidays from Isla Nena !!

HOC

5. Re: christmas and Vieques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 pm, August 26, 2009