We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evamer's Beach

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
7 posts
Save Topic
Evamer's Beach

Hi, Im palnning on makeing reservations to stay at Evamer for Nov 2006. I would like to know if Evamer's beach is a swimming beach or not. I have heard that besides Martineau there is no other place to stay on the island where you can wake up and walk out to the beach for a swim. Is this true? Thank you for your responses.

Level Contributor
1,109 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evamer's Beach

For hotels this is probably true, but there are many awesome guest houses and private rentals that will allow you to walk right on the beach.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evamer's Beach

The fact is that the best beaches in Vieques are in the Nature Preserve and the area is totally undeveloped, so you could possibly have a beach all to yourself. In order to get to them you will have to rent a jeep. They are worth seeing. For photos of these secluded white sand beaches visit: www.enchanted-isle.com.

In reference to hotels directly on the beach, the Martineau Bay Resort has the best beach location. However, there are others on the beach such as: Bravo Beach Hotel (wwwbravobeachhotel.com)and Casa La Lanchita (www.viequeslalanchita.com). But the beaches are marginal. Aside from these, there are villas and private residences for rent . Some of these properties are beachfront and many of others are in the hills above the ocean and offer a panoramic view . Many have swimming pools. Visit www.viequestravelguide.com or www.cyberrentals.com. Click on Caribbean, Puerto Rico and then Vieques for listings.

Casa Ladera is highly rated by TripAdvisor and is a one minute walk to the beach. The rooms have an ocean view.

New Jersey
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Evamer's Beach

Thank you very much for the information. I will be looking more into Vieques on the web page you posted.

So many places on the island look so beautifull and it is hard to decide where to stay.

Richmond, virginia
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evamer's Beach

FYI....stayed at Evamer on our honeymoon...the beach in front is a snorkling beach, but at the far end of the beach towards Isabel, the locals run their horses in the water as the whole neighborhood swims alongside. We had an amazing time their. Great home base... now onto the caribbean coast beaches.... well you have to drive to all of them(except sun bay if you were staying in Esperanza)....great adventure and when you get to the beaches and find yourself all by yourself on a stretch of pristine beach...well the drive was only the beginning...

So to answer your question..no beaches that you wake up and stroll down to the beach like what you are thinking, but trust me, Evamer was incredible and the crazy driving to the beaches...well you'll see for yourself... Ha ve fun...we'll be back!

NYC & Vieques
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evamer's Beach

Actually, the beach by EvaMer (which is also the same beach shared by Casa Ladera and a small handful of other properties) is definitely a swimming beach, and also has incredible snorkeling.

Only rarely, when the water happens to be very choppy, is the beach not swimmable. It can be somewhat rocky in some sections, but is perfectly swimmable (and absolutely beautiful!) for the most part.

The properties near this beach are unique in that they are some of the only ones in Vieques that are a very quick walk to a swimmable beach. Of course, as others have mentioned, the very best beaches in Vieques are in the protected areas on the south side of the island, all of which are a short drive away regardless of where you stay. I hope that's helpful!

New Jersey
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Evamer's Beach

Thank you, your post is helpfull. I do plan on trying out different beaches on the island.

I wanted to know if the beach at Evamer was swimmable because my husband is a late morning riser and I would love to be able to walk with my daughter to a swimmable beach with out having to drive.

Also, the web page enchated-isle is so helpful and interesting. Thank you all so much.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Evamer's Beach

jenlara above has posted above that the beach at Evamer is a swimming beach.

New Jersey
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Evamer's Beach

Yes I read that. I was just stating why Im glad it is a swimming beach. Thank you

9. Re: Evamer's Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques