We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Charter to Culebra?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Charter to Culebra?

We are starting to put together our trip to the amazing Vieques which will be in March. Is it possible to book a boat charter to do a full day trip from Vieques to Culebra and back? It does not seem like there has ever been many options if any to get from Vieques to Culebra. This is not a huge priority to me, but the couple that is joining us is interested. Thank you so much as always!

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,632 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Charter to Culebra?

There are some new sail boat options in the very near future. Expect to pay a hefty amount and to be underway most of the day.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,071 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Charter to Culebra?

just fly.

you can fly from Vieques to Ceiba to culebra. allow maybe an hour for the trip including layovers, but depending on the schedule. you can make it work with both VAL and Flamenco.

or flamenco may stop in Vieques to pick you up on their way from Ceiba to culebra.

you will have to call the flamenco air counter in Ceiba but I don't know how far in advance they will book it.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Charter to Culebra?

Thanks for the information. I just checked Air Flamenco online and it looks like you can actually do round trip flights from Vieques to Culebra fro $90 pp. I am going to call and confirm. If we end up taking the flights I will post back in March with our expirience for whoever else is ever interested in doing the same. The morning flight heads out at 9:00am and returning heads back at 5:00pm.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,632 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat Charter to Culebra?

Good to know BUT keep on top of it. That schedule gets changed all the time.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat Charter to Culebra?

Csustein: did you finalize your trip from Vieques to Culebra? I am wondering b/c I will be in Vieques in April with some friends, and I'm trying to find a boat charter that will take us to Culebra for a day trip. I feel like it will be more enjoyable than a flight. but open to anything. Would love to know how you made it work. thanks!

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,632 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat Charter to Culebra?

Croll21

It can be a pretty rough passage and as of today no one is offering it!

teaneck
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat Charter to Culebra?

Hello, Did you make it to Culebra from Vieques? I'm planning on going on December and i want to go to Culebra without going to Fajardo or Ceiba. I find very hard to believe that there is no boat or ferry to take you from Vieques to Culebra, It's only 8 miles away.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,632 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat Charter to Culebra?

You can still fly with Flamenco. Fin Time adventures does a full day snorkel trip to Culebra weather permitting. I think they charge $195 per person.

Isla de Vieques...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Boat Charter to Culebra?

My name is Capt. John Gentile, I run Ahoy Vieques Sailing Charters. We sail one way and round trip to or from Culebra, Vieques and Fajardo. It is a great trip, usually takes about half a day (one way) including a snorkel and a meal. Return trip involves a stay ashore and another snorkel / meal opportunity on the way back on the following day.

I believe that Capt. Dave at Fintime also may provide this service.

Fair winds!

John

AhoyViequesCharters.com

10. Re: Boat Charter to Culebra?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 25, 2015