We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Show On TLC Premiers Tonight (7/17) - Wedding Island

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
432 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New Show On TLC Premiers Tonight (7/17) - Wedding Island

Hi all,

A new reality show premeiers tonight on TLC. It's all about Sandy Malone and her local wedding planning business, Weddings In Vieques. It's on TLC tonight (7/17) at 10:00PM (EDT).

New York
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
51. Re: New Show On TLC Premiers Tonight (7/17) - Wedding Island

Ahhhhhhh!

52. Re: New Show On TLC Premiers Tonight (7/17) - Wedding Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, August 10, 2013
Vieques
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: New Show On TLC Premiers Tonight (7/17) - Wedding Island

Here is what I know!

Business is good. ALL the wedding planners on Vieques have seen a big increase in inquiries and bookings.

houston, texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: New Show On TLC Premiers Tonight (7/17) - Wedding Island

Oh I think that is giving much too much power to reality television and taking the impact of one person and one TV show on an entire island much too seriously.

I do not like Sandy either, but really she or the show is not going to ruin the island. I believe that the community is much stronger than that- as evidence by the long history with the military.

It is interesting to think about the pros and the cons... but I strongly believe there will be good things that can come of this exposure as well. Some negative may too, but that is the balance of all things.

And really is it worth it to stress about the minor impact it might have? In the scheme of things, it will likely be small. And really it is what it is. It would be wise for everyone to use this as a platform to showcase the Vieques that you love and bring about the change that you would like to see, rather than fight what can not be changed. Try to turn it around into something positive, even as small as the posts on this forum.

houston, texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: New Show On TLC Premiers Tonight (7/17) - Wedding Island

Facebook post from Weddings in Vieques:

"Sad news for ‪#‎WeddingIsland‬ fans - this Thursday will be our last episode! TLC has decided not to renew for a second season, and they're moving our finale to 4 pm this week. So if you liked the show, make sure to set your DVRs so you don't miss it."

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: New Show On TLC Premiers Tonight (7/17) - Wedding Island

:)

Fajardo, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
175 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: New Show On TLC Premiers Tonight (7/17) - Wedding Island

Its very unfortunate that people didn't get it. I feel the show was very entertaining if you watched it and took it as it was mean't to be. I feel that Sandy should pitch it to "E" or MTV. I guess people that didn't like this show are the same type that go to a nice hotel and get picky because their towels weren't folded correctly. I know this is inflamatory but that's how I feel. I guess trip adviser will knock this comment off. Sandy keep trying take it to another cable station.

EllisPR

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: New Show On TLC Premiers Tonight (7/17) - Wedding Island

Really?

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
877 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: New Show On TLC Premiers Tonight (7/17) - Wedding Island

:)

1 post
Save Reply
60. Re: New Show On TLC Premiers Tonight (7/17) - Wedding Island

I agree! I watch it and laugh. I don't live anywhere near PR but it does look beautiful and I would love to visit the island. It's just reality TV so if you don't enjoy it change the channel.

Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques